Tires

Dylan

We've got a 2009 3670RL, and my question is pertaining to tires. Not much for milage on the rig, no more than....roughly a couple thousand. I'm curious if folks have changed them just to be on the safe side, regardless of the miles, and also....is there a date code on the tires, which tells when they were mfg'd?

lwmcguir

We've got a 2009 3670RL, and my question is pertaining to tires. Not much for milage on the rig, no more than....roughly a couple thousand. I'm curious if folks have changed them just to be on the safe side, regardless of the miles, and also....is there a date code on the tires, which tells when they were mfg'd?
There is a date code. Due to the nature of the amount of damage and towing RV's in general it isn't a good idea to push tire life. 5-6 years is probably further than many would consider safe. The exception is 17.5 Tires as they tend to last quite a bit longer per our experience no matter the brand.

desertden

There is a date code. Due to the nature of the amount of damage and towing RV's in general it isn't a good idea to push tire life. 5-6 years is probably further than many would consider safe. The exception is 17.5 Tires as they tend to last quite a bit longer per our experience no matter the brand.

My Big Horn 3055RL has 16" wheels and the spacing between the tires is very tight. I don't know that 17.5" wheels would fit. Any info available regarding that?

Thanks,
desertden