Dry Lube?

Uncle Rog

I picked some 3M "dry" silicone spray to hit some of the rusty spots on the frame, springs, slide adjust bolts etc. Any body use this before, and do you think it will be enough for the slide rails? I want them lubed but do not want to collect a lot of dirt / dust............

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Uncle rog, Dry lube is good stuff, but works better on things like weatherstrips, door hinges and such. Might work good on the slides, have try and see. Forrest and I have kinda set a date for the weekend of Dec. 6-7-8- see what you and Suzan can do. vail lake sounds good to forrest and I. Call and will give you the ph# to the camp site. Bob And Pat

Pulltab

Uncle Rog, I spray mine with White Lithium grease. Thing is to really help them they need to be sprayed inside the guide tubes which is enclosed. There is a roller on the end of the slide rail that rolls back and forth and that really needs the lube. After I sprayed mine all that dang squeaking went away. :)

Bopper

Greetings:

The advice that the Lippert technician gave to me for the slide rails and gears was to use motorcycle chain lubricant. When you think of it, it sort of makes sense - the chains are out in the weather, they move at high speeds and needs to hold their lubricant.

Best reagrds,
Bopper

2 Adults and a very spoiled Cocker Spaniel
2006 Bighorn 3500RL

Tom of Ypsi

There is an RV tech in the park I am at in the Rio Grande Valley and this same subject came up today. He recommends spraying some type of lubricant, dry lube, chain lube silicone lube etc on all parts under the slides but be careful not to spray the underside of the slide or it will leave a greasy trail on the inside of your coach. Make sure you also spray the rams thus avoiding pitting by salt air, sand etc. If the rams get pitted and start rusting it can and probably will be a costly fix.

nhunter

If you are using chain lube, be careful what you use. I accidentally used PJ's once and man is it sticky, gross stuff, just like glue. It was blue and got all over everything.