Floors

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Sueschumacher. There are a lot of helpful people here willing to share information.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "give", but it is not uncommon to get some movement.
Where are you seeing give, and what model and floor plan do you have?

Peace
Dave

eddylives

At a robust 230 lbs I can notice the floors in older and newer trailer flex when I move around in them. I suspect that keeping the trailers as light as possible means they use the least support possible when constructed. There is a noticeable difference between normal flex and a spongy rotten floor.

Westwind

It would make it easier for us to help if we knew the brand and model of trailer you are referring to, such as Heartland Bighorn 3070RL. Then we know the type of constructions you have in your trailer (lightweight vs full time high profile fifth wheel). It really makes a difference.

mdamerell

I too notice a flex in the floors of my Sundance. It's most noticeable where the floor does not sit directly on the frame. Our bathroom/hall/steps are over the storage bay and that area I notice it the most. We are not tiny people and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Was wondering if there was a way to add addition bracing to the floor above the "basement" storage area as when the tech last had it open it looked like 2x2 construction to me. Would also be nice to beef up the shower floor. Just got back from a three week trip and we love the unit but the flex concerns me. The dealer says he can not feel it but the man is literally 1/2 my size. In an age when people are getting larger, is there a thought to accommodating this market?

Dave

Traveling Two
We have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK and I had to add additional wood supports between the floor joist in both the bathroom and hallway. I removed the basement ceiling to get access to the bathroom joist. The floor vent in the bathroom was placed between the floor joist and of course this is where the floor got very spongy. I did this repair with the unit being less than three years old.