Electric entry steps

porthole

Retired
There are a 1/2 dozen SOB's here at MOR/ryde. They are sweet. I know they are pricey though.

4 steps and no bounce on the bottom step.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Seen them on the DRV's, pretty sweet.
And they were giving them away for free with the purchase of a new rig.
Rally special blowout pricing......100K +.

Peace
Dave

ParkIt

Was wondering if the electric would work on our units, I miss having that from the MH. Any info yet on when/where we can order them? Would be so much nicer to deal with including a 'no bounce' step system. Curious, what is the "two stage" deploy? That would be on a 4 step system? (link plz)

I used to mess with my friends, the MH had an airbag suspension that would inflate to compensate for rough roads so it would be 6" higher than when we left. Everyone wanted to scramble out soon as we got to our destination and since you could deploy them from the drivers cockpit, I wouldn't and watch them tumble out.
Sometimes you just need a good laugh at your friends expense :)
(that last part brought to you by: DW who likes to mess with DH)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think it will be a long time before we see any electric steps.
What we saw can only be found on a DRV.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Dave, there was some speculation that they would be available through Dale's shop out west. At the price though, I think you are right. I'd rather see some other options available first, like disc brakes, IS and 17.5's

@ParkIt I'll post a video when I get home.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
like disc brakes

I noticed a coach just getting started with Dexter disc brakes and actuator on the Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country tour at the factory. The guy giving the tour didn't know they were being offered. Must be a new option. Looked like they were using 3/16" line.

jbeletti

Disc brake and 17.5" tire/wheel options "are coming" from what we learned on the tour. Appears to be coming in Landmark first. I'm not aware of where it will go from there, nor do I know the cost. I have no official word on Mor/ryde IS being offered as an option.

jbeletti

Video of electric steps seen on a DRV during their rally in Goshen:

[video]//heartlandowners.org/attachments/Electric_Steps.mov[/video]

Dale Fenton stated these were available for other RV brands at his shop for $1500.

donr827

Looking at the video it looks like the distance between the steps are at least the standard 9 inches.
Don

kkamshop

I can't imagine why these would be more rock solid than the standard manual ones? What am I not seeing?

ParkIt

Video of electric steps seen on a DRV during their rally in Goshen:

[video]//heartlandowners.org/attachments/Electric_Steps.mov[/video]Dale Fenton stated these were available for other RV brands at his shop for $1500.
Dangabbit, my security won't let me play it. Will have to use a different computer :(

I can't imagine why these would be more rock solid than the standard manual ones? What am I not seeing?
Most are built to withstand people who start driving forgetting they are deployed. It isn't a hard and fast rule but its a base to build ones that are sturdy.

porthole

Retired
Guess I don't need my video. Operation is a rocker switch, and it does not need to be depressed and held. One push and they activate. I did not measure the rise, but it did not appear to be 9"

ParkIt

Guess I don't need my video. Operation is a rocker switch, and it does not need to be depressed and held. One push and they activate. I did not measure the rise, but it did not appear to be 9"
Some come with auto sensing (I don't think the ones mentioned here do) so if the ground is too high they automatically retract. Others are wired to the door so as soon as you open it they deploy, the rocker switch just inside the door locks them. That could probably be added later if someone wanted that feature.

kkamshop

Wonder if Dale would sell me just the beefed-up steps without the motor, I don't need electric, but would really like rock solid :)