Disappointment with new model Cyclone's has stopped a sale

Vtxkid

We were in the market of purchasing a larger Cyclone since the Goshen National Rally but after walking through the 4100 king; 4000 elite and the 39500 with a lot of nice new features noticed, it was apparent the Heartland needs some "female" assistance on design. The biggest problem the DW had was the lack of cabinet space in the main living/ kitchen area. I would venture to say that our now, 2011 3010 has considerably more cabinet/ storage area which is a major concern with the DW. And to top that, there was not one cabinet in the kitchen area that would except a dinner plate that could be stored flat, except for the pantry of the 4000 elite which still isn't acceptable. The darkness of the wood was also in question. And last was, why can't the larger Cyclones have as nice of a bedroom as the luxury models like the Landmark and the Bighorn when it comes to the closet area? As you know, if the DW doesn't approve then you can't buy!
As far as my concerns, the disappearance of one of the two beaver tail locker doors in the garage is very disappointing. Doesn't make since to have the same size compartment underneath and to only have one door in the middle which means a lot of good storage area will be hard to reach if at all. Heartland has done a lot of great work here but if some of the most common features are missing then the unit can't be a hit with customers!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
Guess you'll just have to wait for the mythical 4200 then Jerry.

Look at the bright side though, at least this way you won't have to buy a new Ford to pull it :rolleyes:

Bksvo

Jerry,

Have you looked at the 3800? It is a model that is definitely focused on the family space, and not the bedroom, and we love it. Lots of room and storage, and a full size closet up front. Even a few places to store full size plates flat. At first we were worried that there wasn't enough storage, but when we started loading it, everything went in and there was room left over. You might consider giving it a look.

ramdually4100king

We have a 4100 and coming from sob that we thought had more storage. We were wrong. Everything we had fit (except the plates) and we loose stuff in the pantry all the time. The plates required a $30 purchase at target and our plates are now square.

As for needing to buy a ford that is bull. Buy a uses dodge and put $5k into leaf springs, a 4.10 differential, and a sliding hitch and you will be fine.

porthole

Retired
But then it would still be a used Dodge :)

Anyway, my comment was directed to Jerry, no one else, and he knows exactly where it is coming from.

(Didn't know you could get a short bed DRW 3500 Dodge)

oscar

As I am also the cook and chief bottle washer I can state unequivocally that it all fits nicely in the galley, to my surprise. Plates are in the compartment above the microwave. Also, we went to Staples and got those wire metal desk shelves. Two sets of two fit in the upper pantry cabinet, but they remain removable for flexibility.

Also, with weight being so critical on this unit the mantra: "if it doesn't fit, you don't need it" is in full force here.

The only gripe I have is that the pantry cabinet get's too hot. (See my thread in the mods section)

Storage in MBR is more than adequate.

Vtxkid

But then it would still be a used Dodge :)

"Anyway, my comment was directed to Jerry, no one else, and he knows exactly where it is coming from."

Yeah, I know where Duane was coming from since my 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually with a TRUE exhaust brake that Ford doesn't have is what he was talking about! All good as he knows I'll get him back! :)

Vtxkid

Jerry,

Have you looked at the 3800? It is a model that is definitely focused on the family space, and not the bedroom, and we love it. Lots of room and storage, and a full size closet up front. Even a few places to store full size plates flat. At first we were worried that there wasn't enough storage, but when we started loading it, everything went in and there was room left over. You might consider giving it a look.

Bksvo, we have looked at 3800's. As far as storage, the 3800 probably has more then any of the listed and I want to say it has the same bath/bedroom that our unit has. It is nice but we really like the larger bathroom/ bedroom of the 4000 series units. We were just hoping for more upscale closet area like the luxury units though...

scottyb

I have a few issues with the arrangement and quality of the electronics (DVD player, TV's, garage stereo, etc.) and a few minor issues with cabinet space. We love the BR and it was the major selling point for us, since it was the ONLY King bed toy hauler on the market last year. I don't have any issues with the BR, Bath or living area. At least you get a true king size bed and can purchase bedding at Costco or other wholesalers instead of a RV supplier. I think they have hit the mark for their market group.

Vtxkid

I have a few issues with the arrangement and quality of the electronics (DVD player, TV's, garage stereo, etc.) and a few minor issues with cabinet space. We love the BR and it was the major selling point for us, since it was the ONLY King bed toy hauler on the market last year. I don't have any issues with the BR, Bath or living area. At least you get a true king size bed and can purchase bedding at Costco or other wholesalers instead of a RV supplier. I think they have hit the mark for their market group.

Scottyb, I have also heard that their was no HDMI cable run between the TV and the DVD player... that also would have to be corrected as I am a audio/ video buff myself! :cool:

ramdually4100king

No problems. It is a mega cab and the short bed is the only bed option. If I can get DW's permision I will long bed it but that is $$$.

porthole

Retired
That mystery 3010 up on Harley Hill had a 50" flat screen, fireplace, Sony surround sound and cabinets, looks like room for a double door fridge too, maybe there is hope!

But the cabinets were dark.

Vtxkid

That mystery 3010 up on Harley Hill had a 50" flat screen, fireplace, Sony surround sound and cabinets, looks like room for a double door fridge too, maybe there is hope!

But the cabinets were dark.

Yeah, sad I missed that one... you should have called me the night before and I would been there stat!

scottyb

Scottyb, I have also heard that their was no HDMI cable run between the TV and the DVD player... that also would have to be corrected as I am a audio/ video buff myself! :cool:

I understand that later models have the DVD / surround player somewhere different. Mine is above the microwave, in the kitchen slide. Yeah, that's what I said, "above the microwave in the kitchen". Alaska Dodge successfully ran a HDMI cable to his, but it is a challenge going through the wiring chase to the slide. I was hoping to place the Dish receiver up there with it but the surround receiver does not have a digital audio port so that I can have surround sound with my satelite TV. In these times of digital innovation, they should run at least 2 of everything to every space in the unit. That's what I did when I built my house. It's just little aggrevating things like that.

gpshemi

Guess you'll just have to wait for the mythical 4200 then Jerry.

The 4200 "ain't" going to be all that. I personally think it's a dud. Time will tell.

Buy a uses dodge and put $5k into leaf springs, a 4.10 differential, and a sliding hitch and you will be fine.

$5k in leaf springs? WHY? Couple hundred in an airbag set up and I'm golden.

I will say I too am a little disppointed in the seperation in the Cyclone / Road Warrior lines. I mean no disrespect to the Road Warrior owners, but Cyclone started as an upscale line to the RW. However, as pointed out in the factory tour, the RW has moved up to Cyclone's level due to the response it recieved from customers. I think the problem is, Cyclone hasn't equally stepped up in luxury (and admittedly price point) like the other lines have. All they did was introduce a new lower end model (Torque) where the RW was. It's time to make Cyclone the Landmark of the toyhaulers and leave RW where the Cyclone is today. My Cyclone 3612 doesn't even have a head board or shelves on the bed...?!?

Vtxkid

The 4200 "ain't" going to be all that. I personally think it's a dud. Time will tell.

$5k in leaf springs? WHY? Couple hundred in an airbag set up and I'm golden.

I will say I too am a little disppointed in the seperation in the Cyclone / Road Warrior lines. I mean no disrespect to the Road Warrior owners, but Cyclone started as an upscale line to the RW. However, as pointed out in the factory tour, the RW has moved up to Cyclone's level due to the response it received from customers. I think the problem is, Cyclone hasn't equally stepped up in luxury (and admittedly price point) like the other lines have. All they did was introduce a new lower end model (Torque) where the RW was. It's time to make Cyclone the Landmark of the toyhaulers and leave RW where the Cyclone is today. My Cyclone 3612 doesn't even have a head board or shelves on the bed...?!?

Gpshemi, that's what we were talking about concerning the bedroom closet section... why can't the Cyclone be the "high end" and show it by having the same luxury 5ers "luxury" closet... by the way, that 3612 was a nice setup!

gpshemi

Thank you. Overall we're pretty happy with it. Very few glitches, and build quality was higher than most for 2010. I've made some mods that have added features, but I'm still feeling the need for some special features that just weren't options at the time. I feel your pain.

retirie

retired investigator
i am new member woth 2014 3010 with all upgrades . 2 weeks old. picked up in elkhart ind. any ? nust ask.