Install washer tray?

mobilcastle

Did any of you put plywood under the washer tray or remove carpet or just install on carpet and where was the best place to put the drain aprox? Thanks for the info. Steve

Garypowell

I removed the carpet because that what manufacturers tech support told me to do. Put down 3/4" plywood and then tile (stick down) on top of that. Did not use tray as nothing underneath that is important and we keep very good track when unit is running.

I know a gamble but OK for us.

Vtxkid

I installed the washer try on top of the carpet and snugged up the fasteners tight. Drain tube ran down into the next level below the floor. No issues and works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

mobilcastle

How did you attach the units after installation to keep the top of them stable? I have a kit to hold both together but I would like to stabilize at the top. Steve

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like we all did it a little different. I put down 3/4 in marine plywood over the carpet, then set the overflow tray on top of that. With the stackables, we do have some lateral movement. I'm planning on adding a couple of foam padded blocks on each side of the washer and dryer to help reduce the side to side motion during the high spin cycles.

brianharrison

Mine is attached to the vertical stile in the closet - ie the closet wall with a couple of "L" brackets halfway up the dryer. My unit was installed at the factory (early 2011 model).

Brian