tankless water heater

twohappycampers

Hi Folks, We have been considering installing a Precision Temp RV550 tankless water heater in our Big Country 3450 TS. The 12 gallon Suburban is insufficient for full timing. We were wondering if anyone out there has any reviews they would like to share with us on that particular model of water heater. Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Doug & Lorna,

I don't have any info on tankless, but I was just wondering if you've tried running your Suburban on both electric and LP at the same time to improve the recovery. I think it goes from 12 gallons per hour to 16.

Mizmary

When we initially started looking to upgrade we looked at a Bay Hill (would have bought it too except only half the windows opened and none of the windows opened the way I like). They use a tankless water heater in theirs. Might be worth a look to see what one it is and if it would work in yours?

mobilcastle

I believe you can change but will have to run on propane only. Electric type instant water heaters use an extreme amount of electric to run in sticks & bricks-good luck.

ParkIt

Propane is optimal and you can find units that light the pilot with batteries instead of the ceramic flints. Not sure but most seem to be 3.2gpm depending on what you set the thermometer at and how much propane you would use as a baseline.

Only thing that could be a bit of a hiccup is venting but where there is a will, there is a way.