New Elkridge owners

jng

We just took ownership of a used 2011 Elkridge 27RLS. My first and immediate issue is that when we opened the door there is a recliner right in the doorway, blocking entry into the trailer. There must be a proper way to position and tie down the recliners for travel and our dealer just doesn't know the right way. Please help!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jng, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. COngrats on the new to you Elkridge. Look on the floor near wherre the recliner si supposed to be. There should be a couple of small d-rings to use for strapping down the recliner. If they were removed by the original owner, you may have to improvise.

jng

From what I can see there is a strap for only 1 of the recliners, the one closest to the door. It doesn't appear that there is room for the second recliner that is on the side where the slide comes in. So how does the second recliner travel? I can't believe that it is supposed to travel in the doorway not strapped down.

danemayer

From what I can see there is a strap for only 1 of the recliners, the one closest to the door. It doesn't appear that there is room for the second recliner that is on the side where the slide comes in. So how does the second recliner travel? I can't believe that it is supposed to travel in the doorway not strapped down.
Hi jng,

The straps in our Rushmore are attached to small d-rings attached to the floor. Check the carpet to see if there's another d-ring. Perhaps the previous owner removed the strap for some reason.

ucwinters

Our 2 recliners are in the rear of the Elkridge - we just turn them back to back with a blanket between them to keep from rubbing on each other when travelling and they've never moved around (have never noticed any d-rings on the floor for securing the recliners).

jng

Thanks for your suggestions and responses.

However, ours is the 27RLSS and there isn't enough trailer length behind the one side slide (couch and table) for the recliners to remain upright. The only way, after an hour of hoisting around the very heavy clumsy things, is to lay them down on their sides to make them fit and the slide to come in. However, just on the ride home 12km from the dealer who left the one recliner in the doorway, there is a big indentation and mark on the vinyl flooring. As we were moving around the recliners, we noticed that one of them has a plastic smooth disc attached to the base. If that had been the one left in the doorway off the carpet it would probably have prevented the floor damage, but of course it was the other one which doesn't have the disc. Are those discs after-market purchases, or what is the story behind them?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Slang term for those large discs is 'Recliner Frisbee'.
Give Flair a call and tell them what you need.
Flair Interiors
(574) 534-2163

Peace
Dave

dewwood

We have a similar floorplan, before we took out the two original chairs and replaced them with a Lazy Boy and a little commode type dresser, we would tip the one upside down on the sofa and strap it fast. It was not convenient but worked well. We like it much better with just the one recliner and a storage place.

sengli

When we had our 27rlss, we removed one of the chairs. So we ended up with only one recliner, which I used. DW sat on the sofa. One of the recliners should have had a frisbee disc under it, from the factory... so as to be able to move it around without damaging the floor.