Dometic 310 Powerflush not working right

ericjaime

My toilet just started acting up and after I flush it seems that all the water leaks out of the rim of the bowl and whatever would have been in the line from the foot pedal up to the bowl. This results in when I go to flush the toilet at a later time, the powerflush doesn't shoot water out like it used to. It now takes several seconds of holding the foot pedal down to get the water up from the valve behind the foot pedal. It then begins to slowly flow and trickle down the toilet buy eventually has full power. If I flush again within a few seconds before all the water leaks out it works perfect just like it used to all the time, with the water shooting out of all the holes in the bowl with full force. So it only happens when it sits for a few minuets and has a chance for all the water to leak out past the valve. Has anyone experienced this problem and know what to do to fix this. I called Dometic and they wanted me to put some screws in the valve behind the pedal and they said that would fix my problem, but it hasn't.

Speedy

It sounds like you have two issues; leaky bowl gasket and a bad valve. I would first correct the water leaking past the bowl gasket so the bowl holds water again. Check to see if the gasket is clean and free of paper or dirt, then use some silicone plumbers grease to lube it. Once the bowl is holding water then I'd turn off the water and remove the flush valve to see if there is anything restricting the flow of water.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Try reading the Dometic documentation you should have received with the trailer. It has a very thorough troubleshooting section. I just repaired our 210 toilet using that guide. Cost me $15 and 10 minutes for a spring cartridge. Our pedal wouldn't return all the way allowing water to leak out. Could be a similar issue with yours?

ericjaime

It sounds like you have two issues; leaky bowl gasket and a bad valve. I would first correct the water leaking past the bowl gasket so the bowl holds water again. Check to see if the gasket is clean and free of paper or dirt, then use some silicone plumbers grease to lube it. Once the bowl is holding water then I'd turn off the water and remove the flush valve to see if there is anything restricting the flow of water.

It's not leaking out of the bowl. It is leaking out of the powerflush holes after I get done flushing, leaving nothing in line for the next flush. It must then pump new water all the way from the valve behind the foot pedal up to the toilet rim. This takes a few seconds of holding the foot pedal down before water even starts to trickle out.

Update: Just got back from a 9 night trip for the 4th of July holiday. First 4 days toilet wasn't working properly. Then just like that it started holding water like in the past and worked flawlessly for the rest of the week, squirting water the second I stepped on the foot pedal. Hopefully it keeps working!! Does anyone know what would allow the water to leak out of the holes in case it starts to act up again so I can try to replace a part?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Have you been somewhere that had a lot of impurities in the water? Maybe sand or something else that might have plugged the holes? Then when you went to another park that had better water pressure, that blew it out. When we went to the Elkhart campground, we were apparently the first group since they closed down for the winter, and my water filter, pressure regulator and the toilet got stained with rust, but it's slowly wearing off. We also had low water flow until we got it cleared out.

ericjaime

Have you been somewhere that had a lot of impurities in the water? Maybe sand or something else that might have plugged the holes? Then when you went to another park that had better water pressure, that blew it out. When we went to the Elkhart campground, we were apparently the first group since they closed down for the winter, and my water filter, pressure regulator and the toilet got stained with rust, but it's slowly wearing off. We also had low water flow until we got it cleared out.

I always fill up at home so I use the same water source all the time. I never am hooked up directly to a water source and always have to use my pump and pull the water out of the fresh water tank. Even though it worked for the 2nd half of my trip over the 4th of July, now that I am home and have it in my driveway it started leaking out again is taking a while to flush again. I think I will call Dometic again and see if they can offer any more help.