Mounting cabinet to garage wall

denverkas

I have the 2014 Cyclone 4000 Elite. I am wanting to mount a cabinet to the wall inside the garage that is directly to the right as you enter the garage through the sliding door going from the kitchen into the garage. What I am needing to find out before I do this is this, are there studs behind this wall to screw into? As well, on a camper will they use the standard 16" on centers? For more clarification on where I want to mount a cabinet, in the picture it would be on the wall to the left of the sliding door and the window. I know this will cover some of the window, but I need someway of having some place for my kids clothes and figured this would be a great spot for a cabinet.

IMG_1002.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Since all models are different, I can only make a few educated assumptions: First, I would imagine there are a couple of "studs" in that wall due to the width. A good stud finder should be able to locate them, whether they are aluminum or wood. Second, they are probably 2"x2", so you have to strike a balance between screw size and holding ability. Third, Be careful putting too much load on the cabinet (see assumption number 2). Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would not assume anything is built to home construction standards. This pic is in the Eldridge factory but shows an interior wall. I would call the factory to see if they can tell you it's safe to mount a cabinet there or not.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372421898.817276.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Depending on the weight of the cabinet, you could be putting a lot of stress on that wall. When you go over a bump at highway speed, the back end of the trailer goes up and down pretty hard. If you had a cabinet that could also be secured to the floor, that would put much less stress on the wall.

oscar

You can cut a hole in the wall smaller than the cabinet. This will give you plenty of access to bring extra studding in there, although you may not make it to the floor to transfer the load.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look up "French cleat" in some woodworking forums. If you span the studs in the wall, you might be able to support the cabinet.