Towing a Landmark

Greengas

As we await the delivery of our new Landmark San Antonio I am wondering how it will tow with my TV which is an F350 4x4 SRW. Now, I know the Landmark is long and heavy but I believe I am still within specs. But what I want to know is, will it tow nose high or low? I will have a pullrite superglide hitch on standard rails and I know I can't either raise or lower the hitch. I will have the Mor ride pin box on the coach. So, if there is anyone out there towing with the same combination of truck, hitch and coach, please let me know if it tows level or not. And, if it does not tow level, what do folks recommend I do about that? My current 5th wheel tows just a bit nose high but I've been told that I'm ok as long as it does not get higher and I watch out for additional wear on the back tires and axel.

danemayer

Greengas,

I don't know the answer, but I'm betting it'll help if you tell us what year the truck is.

jnbhobe

If its a 11 or up Ford you may be a little high, but not enough to worry about. I am just a tad high and your rig will sit a bit higher than mine.

doxiecouple

I tow the San Antonio (2013) with a shortbed F250, SRW, 4x4, FX4. No issues that I have noted. Slightly nose up, but not a concern in my opinion. I also have the Mor ride pin box and standard rails on my hitch. I have a friend who tows professionally for manufacturers and dealers with the same truck that I have. He stated he has pulled rigs up to 16K dry weight over the western mountains with no problems.

Eddhuy

You mentioned 4x4, is that an fx4 or 4x4, fx4 has 20" rims with tires that ar 34.5" in diameter and sit higher overall than the 4x4 or at least I'm pretty sure that is the distinction but not all f350s sit the same height.

Greengas

You mentioned 4x4, is that an fx4 or 4x4, fx4 has 20" rims with tires that ar 34.5" in diameter and sit higher overall than the 4x4 or at least I'm pretty sure that is the distinction but not all f350s sit the same height.

Yes. My truck is a four wheel drive that rides on 20 inch tires. It has the letters fx4 on the side of the bed.

Greengas

I tow the San Antonio (2013) with a shortbed F250, SRW, 4x4, FX4. No issues that I have noted. Slightly nose up, but not a concern in my opinion. I also have the Mor ride pin box and standard rails on my hitch. I have a friend who tows professionally for manufacturers and dealers with the same truck that I have. He stated he has pulled rigs up to 16K dry weight over the western mountains with no problems.

What hitch do you use, is it a slider or do you find you don't need one?

doxiecouple

Definitely a slider. Popped a window years ago when I did not have one. The turn radius of the Landmark helps, but the slider hitch gives me much more latitude and makes me more comfortable.

MTPockets

I traded my 2012 crew cab short bed F350 SRW 4x4 with highest rated spring pak for a 2013 DRW 4x4 with because I was 600 lbs higher than my truck payload rating. Your Lamdmark is heavier than my BigHorn, so know you will also be over. You will tow just fine and being over rating may not bother you, FYI,