2925rl satellite

skytrash

I just bought a 2006 BH 2925rl, it has 1 cable and 1 satellite hook up in the udc. problem is I get satellite in the bedroom but not the living room. I've checked all coax and it appears to be good. any help would be appreciated

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just bought a 2006 BH 2925rl, it has 1 cable and 1 satellite hook up in the udc. problem is I get satellite in the bedroom but not the living room. I've checked all coax and it appears to be good. any help would be appreciated
Early Bighorns were notorious for mis-routed coax. On mine I spent several hours with a meter and a length of coax to determine what went where.
I would connect my "test coax cable" to a connection in the udc the take the other end of that test cable in the rig and with the meter and determine where I could find continuity. There are electronic tools available now that would make that job easier.
Mine didn't have an A/B switch but it did have a splitter in the LR entertainment area. I also found my rooftop antenna amplifier mis-wired.

The diagram from Dan was correct for your rig but as I said, early Bighorns were known for coax issues including bad connections. I'm thinking since you bought yours used, the original owner might have made some modifications to the coax routing. Did you buy private or dealer?
Also, the previous owner may have put his receiver in the bedroom and somehow routed everything to the LR from the BR. You're going to have to dig into it to figure it out or get professional help from an A/V tech.