Which Genesis device is Heartland currently using

Greengas

I am trying to find out if Heartland is using the Genesis 2.0 or 3.0 in their 2014 Landmark San Antonio's. I asked the rep at Heartland and he did not know. I would like it to be the 3.0 because it has an HDMI out while the 2.0 does not. So, if anyone can help shed some light on this subject I would greatly appreciate it.

And for those Star Trek fans out there, yes, I did find it funny to be asking about the Genesis Device. :)

Greengas

Greengas, last I heard, they were using Sony surround sound in the Landmarks. I think it might be the DAVTZ130 which has HDMI out.

Thanks for the info. You are right about the Landmark using a Sony system for the main entertainment system. But they do use the Genesis in the bedroom. From what I've seen in pictures it must be the 2.0 because the hookup to the tv is through coax cable and not hdmi. I hope I am wrong.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a Genesis 2.0 in the bedroom and the outside entertainment center...hooked up with video/audio cable...they both work great!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the info. You are right about the Landmark using a Sony system for the main entertainment system. But they do use the Genesis in the bedroom. From what I've seen in pictures it must be the 2.0 because the hookup to the tv is through coax cable and not hdmi. I hope I am wrong.

Just curious, the genesis is just a DVD player or ours is at least, why would you want an hdmi connection since it is not playing anything in hd. I could understand if it were a bluray or the like but as far as I know the only video signal out from it would only play in sd and the cable would not give you any up convert of an sd signal. Maybe I am just confused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greengas

Just curious, the genesis is just a DVD player or ours is at least, why would you want an hdmi connection since it is not playing anything in hd. I could understand if it were a bluray or the like but as far as I know the only video signal out from it would only play in sd and the cable would not give you any up convert of an sd signal. Maybe I am just confused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good point. It just seems easier to me to use an HDMI instead of rca plugs and even though it is still going to be in standard definition, I would think the connection would be better with hdmi. But, it is also possible that I am a wanna be techno geek and just like the newest stuff :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
That's a good point. It just seems easier to me to use an HDMI instead of rca plugs and even though it is still going to be in standard definition, I would think the connection would be better with hdmi. But, it is also possible that I am a wanna be techno geek and just like the newest stuff :)

I understand about wanting to be on cutting edge I am like that too just was trying to understand your reasoning for wanting to do that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

My recollection is:

- Composite Video using Yellow/Red/White AVI cables = 480i which is considered VCR quality
- Component Video using Blue/Green/Red cables = up to 1080i which is considered DVD quality
- HDMI using HDMI cable = 1080i, DVD quality plus BluRay Copy Protection and BluRay Audio Quality, and other features if the equipment supports those features on both ends.

Some flat screen TVs sold today are 720p and some are 1080i. On a 720p TV, you won't get the full benefit of DVD or BluRay quality with any of the cable choices because the TV is the limiting factor. So when comparing composite to HDMI you probably won't see much if any difference.

And of course, if your eyes are 60+ years old, it may all be a moot point.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
:

Some flat screen TVs sold today are 720p and some are 1080i. On a 720p TV, you won't get the full benefit of DVD or BluRay quality with any of the cable choices because the TV is the limiting factor. So when comparing composite to HDMI you probably won't see much if any difference.

And of course, if your eyes are 60+ years old, it may all be a moot point.

Even on a 720p TV, BluRay does look way better than standard DVD's.

Both of the HDTV's in our Trail Runner are 720p LED's . . .

I no longer use the built-in Jensen to play DVD's in our trailer . . . only use it for audio.

I purchased a small LG BluRay player with WiFi and use it instead of the Jensen.

And the HDMI hookup is a breeze instead of the standard audio/video plug that dangles out of the cabinet from the Jensen unit.

This winter I plan to upgrade the ceiling speakers with a good pair instead of the cheapies that came from the factory.

priorguy

I agree with JohnD, but I upgraded from the dreaded Touch Audio to a Jensen without the HDMI, but at a fraction of the cost. I plan on adding a cheapy Blu-ray and replacing the speakers too. I only use it on weekends and TV isn't a high priority unless the kids are restless. From what I know and like HDMI is a single cable carrying video and audio up to 1080P making a cleaner install. Especially nice in a confined space such as an RV. There is virtually no difference between 1080i and 720p while 1080p is barely better. If you place TV's side by side of the same make etc. but one is higher resolution, using the same source it's almost impossible to tell the difference. If you want to be on the cutting edge you need Ultra HD or 4K resolution now anyway.