Genesis will not play a video on our sony tv

phelpo

Help, any ideas why we can not get the video to play on our sony tv? We have read the threads,
and the tv and genesis guide. the tv is 50" and I really don't want to take it off the wall.

thanks in advance.

Phelpo

MTPockets

I've tried mine and pushed every combination of buttons and never got mine to work with video. I don't think it does.

Tombstonejim

It is the input settings on the tv that you need to changing. Generally there will be choice like HDMI, VIDEO, AUX 1, DVD ect

GlenStMary

You may want to check the cabling between the TV and the Genesis. Mine played the DVD but everything was in black & white. I called the Genesis tech and he suggested looking at the TV menu as was suggested in an earlier reply. That did not pan out. I ended up looking at the back of the Genesis and found the factory had plugged the video-in cable for the TV to the wrong output on the Genesis, and the Sony TV was able to detect a signal, albeit the wrong type of signal. This may not be the cause of your problem, but sounds like an easier place to start looking rather than taking the TV off the wall. Best of luck