Factory Installed Options

jbbdc

On the build sheets I received from the dealership it lists some of the options I want as "dealer installed options." One of those options is the stackable washer/dryer.

I read in someone's post that you can request the factory drill the hole for the dryer vent and paint the vent cover to match the full body paint. In that same post it was mentioned that the factory can also install the washer drain pan and route the drain tube.

If they'll do those two things at the factory, why can't they just install the washer/dryer there also?

This is a concern of mine based on the info I'm receiving from two different dealerships. At one dealership I'm told, "We never install a drain tube on the drain pan and have never been asked to do that by a customer." A different dealership said, "Would we never install a drain pan without installing a drain tube along with it." That second dealership also said they do not paint the vent cover to match full body paint. You either get a white vent as standard or you can opt for a chrome plated plastic vent.

A white vent cover is unacceptable and the chrome cover is only slightly better. Both would detract from the nice exterior paint. But neither dealership offered any guidance on what the factory is willing to do with regards to the drain pan tube and the painted vent cover.

So, I bring my concerns here. Is it true that the factory will install the drain pan with the drain tube and will they also paint the vent cover to match the surrounding exterior body paint?

danemayer

I read in someone's post that you can request the factory drill the hole for the dryer vent and paint the vent cover to match the full body paint. In that same post it was mentioned that the factory can also install the washer drain pan and route the drain tube.

If they'll do those two things at the factory, why can't they just install the washer/dryer there also?
Hi jbbdc,

I think you're referring to a post I made a few days ago suggesting that the factory MIGHT accommodate a request to drill the hole, install the drain pan and drain line. I don't know if they will or not.

Our 2011 Landmark came with the factory installed washer/dryer and the Landmark page still lists stacked washer/dryer as a factory option. I'm not sure if that's true for every model, but you can find out for sure on the model you're considering by calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030.

It's also possible your dealer could be listing the washer/dryer as a locally installed option so they can capture additional profit.

Btw, I chose factory installed options so that I wouldn't be a victim of inexperienced local techs and so it wouldn't matter where I went for warranty service. If there's something wrong with the factory installation, Heartland covers it since they installed it. If the dealer installs it, only that dealer will provide warranty on any installation issues. A few weeks ago I saw an example of a bad local vent installation. The vent hole was cut too far forward and the vent didn't fit because of contact with the front cap. The dealer who made the mistake couldn't do anything to correct it. The owner is stuck with an ugly and obviously botched installation.

kowAlski631

I'd suggest a call to HL would answer your questions. Insofar as dealer installation, we had our dealer install our washer & dryer & were happy with the quality of work.

doxiecouple

We had our stack W/D factory installed and the wife says she likes it better than the ones in the stick built house. Installation was precise, from lines, to pan, to exhaust vent. I'd definitely suggest the factory install.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Our W/D was HL installed. The outside vent was white and looked bad (to me) outside the beautiful "gold" BC. Bought me a can of dark brown spray paint that matched the striping that was around vent. Taped it, sprayed it.....looks great
!! Took about 30 minutes total with 2 coats.