Florida Heartland Owners Club Discussion

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Jim I would like to be a MEMBER (South Florida Chapter). Right now I do not have the time to be a chapter leader. But I would help as best as I can.

Ron

HappyKayakers

Where is everyone?

Are there other Heartland owners wintering in central Florida? We're in Sebastian (east coast) until the end of April.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
As I mentioned in another thread, there are 4 Bighorns at Tiki Village in Lakeland. One couple, Steve and Joanne Claywell are going to the Tampa RV Show with us tomorrow. I have not met the other two couples as yet, but we have a mini-rally right here in Lakeland.

Jimmyt5

I am at MacDill AFB till April, will be at Rv show tomorrow.
Parked across from a Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country down the road.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I am at MacDill AFB till April, will be at Rv show tomorrow.
Parked across from a Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country down the road.

Maybe we will see you there tomorrow - day 2 for us.

I had mentioned in an earlier post that one convenient way to visit the show is to go to LazyDays RV at exit 10 on I-4 and take their shuttle. However, this year they are not offering the shuttle, so go directly to the fairgrounds where it will cost $5 to park.

Bates RV is no longer the local dealer in this part of Florida. Long View RV Superstores now has the franchise here (they also have Heartland products at their stores in MA and CT). There certainly was a difference with the change as there were many Heartland makes and models on display and Long View is very pleased with the Heartland line.

We saw Coley Brady there as well as the North Trail manufacturing rep from Elkhart - Brian (?).

Models that I remember seeing there...

2 Landmarks (Cape Cod and Augusta, I believe)
3 or 4 Bighorns
1 Big Country
1 Sundance
2 North Trail TTs
1 Cyclone

In all, more than twice the number that were on display last year.

Lake Wales, Florida

Lets see if we can breath new life into this chapter.

We will be (God willing) at Camp'n Aire RV park, just south of Lake Wales
from December 1, 2008 to at least March 30,2009.

Retired CPO

RV'ing in Sebring,FL

we will be in Sebring and Daytona end of Feb and March with the Cyclone

My Sister-In-Law & Nephew have a Medical Supply & electric mobility scooder store there on Rt#27 called Electric Mobility. Stop in and say hi
Also let us know where you stay there during your trip for our future travels. My wife & I are going to stay over this winter in Jim Creek WA.

patsak

Re: Discussion

Is there anyone from this area going to be at the rally in Nashville? I would love to meet some fellow Floridians.

caissiel

Re: RV'ing in Sebring,FL

We are in Fellsmere for the rest of the month and posibly on to Vero Beach for April

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Hi folks;
My wife and I live in New Smyrna and would like to find other Heartland Owners in Fl. Call me or email me. We like to get out often, and like to explore new places, campgrounds, ect.
Mickey and Bonnie Meredith
386-424-8643

MICKEY

Hi folks;

My wife Bonnie and I are avid Heartland owners who love to get out and meet people and go new places. We live in New Smyrna but will travel to meet new friends. If there are others who feel the same give us a call, we would love to meet other Heartlanders.
Mickey and Bonnie Meredith
New Smyrna, Fl
386-424-8643

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Mickey,
Get in touch with Eric Van opstal (flying dutchman). He just sold his Sundance to a new RVer in Tampa. He will need help the first time out and maybe you could help him at a rally.

GETnBYE

Hi Chuck & Saundra,
Wayne and I are in the Florida Chapter, but I have not seen any rally's for FL.
Hope to see you both again soon,
Saundra....thanks so much for the catalog, I have not ordered yet, maybe soon.
Anita

patsak

I know that Florida is divided up into areas. I would like to hear from other Central Florida owners that would like to get together. If we have enough, I would be happy to help start a group get together and maybe even start a chapter.

MICKEY

Thanks Larry;
I'll do that. Also Dick and Pat, Anita and Wayne we need to get together soon to talk about revitalizing this chapter. There are a lot of Floridians who would like to get a chapter going, but are watching the forum to see what's going on. I met some of them at a rally in NC this weekend. I think there are a lot folks just like us who would participate.

Mickey