Wheel Alignment in Nebraska

wdk450

Gang:
I had been told by the tech at MorRyde when I got my disk brakes that my trailer axles were bent, and wheels out of alignment. A nice lady trucker at a rest stop in Iowa also walked up to me to tell me that especially my rear tires were toeing inward (camber adjustment off). I was originally thinking I would just drive as is back home to California and then get it fixed, but i met a very nice Bighorn owner who is camp host at the fairgrounds in Hastings, Nebraska. He told me about an alignment shop, Bear Frame and Alignment, in nearby Kearney, Nebraska that was recommended to him, and that he was very satisfied with. I called ahead to the alignment shop and it sounded like he could do the job quickly and easily. I was backed into their service bay as soon as I arrived, and they got the job done in an hour keeping me on schedule with my driving for the day, and my campground reservations. Stan Lundgred, the owner/tech used a sophisticated laser alignment system along with a u shaped bending rig and a 10 ton air jack. He had to get 6 computer bars correct for each axle, and he knew just how to do it.
The price was fair, and after the job was done I mentioned how some people are leery of "axle bending". He said that he has gotten new replacement axles in for vehicles, and they are routinely out of alignment and need bending.

So I am a satisfied customer, referred by another Bighorn owner.

Here is their contact data:

Bear Frame and Alignment
Stan Lundgren
1221 Avenue A
Kearney, Nebraska 68847
800-456-6947

Mizmary

Yay for Nebraska!!! That's where we are from. I'm glad you had a good experience. Stop a a RUNZA and try their food before you get out of state. It's delicious!!!

lwmcguir

We live about 45 miles South of Kearney at Harlan County Reservoir. Ditto's on Bear Frame and alignment for anything that has tire wear issues.

RuralPastor

Yay for Nebraska!!! That's where we are from. I'm glad you had a good experience. Stop a a RUNZA and try their food before you get out of state. It's delicious!!!

We're in Nebraska right now. Think we'll have a Runza today. Will be thinking about you when we do!

wdk450

Sorry, I am already in Cheyenne, Wyoming, at AB Campground. They have a smokehouse barbecue restaurant on the campground premises, (it doubles as the campground office). I had their 1/2 rack of ribs dinner last night delivered to my rig. DELICIOUS!!!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Bear Frame also has a shop in Grand Island NE. My friends and I have had our boat trailer axles aligned by them years and always a good job is done.

TXTiger

I just got to Omaha last night. Staying 2 weeks to visit my son and 3 yr old grandson. Camping at Two Rivers State Park. Kevin have a safe trip back to Calif.

Mizmary

We're in Nebraska right now. Think we'll have a Runza today. Will be thinking about you when we do!

Enjoy!!! I get a cheese RUNZA with frings. But I've not had anything I didn't enjoy!

I just got to Omaha last night. Staying 2 weeks to visit my son and 3 yr old grandson. Camping at Two Rivers State Park. Kevin have a safe trip back to Calif.

We spent some time there in a cabin once. Enjoy your stay!!

SilverRhino

Great memories of camping along the Platte River while in Scouts......Camped with the family also during summers when I was a young un!

Only thing better than a Runza....Is a Runza at Memorial Stadium for a Husker home game on a crisp fall day...Great memories! Wife & I are both Nebraska alumni.

Huskers by birth......TT Red Raiders by choice!!

wdk450

Follow Up:
I was getting ready to depart from Phillips RV park in Evanston , Wyoming this morning when I took a close look at one of my wheels. The left rear had a spoke cracked all the way through. This must have happened in my travels yesterday. I will attempt to make it back to Sacramento on the spare, with a conventional wheel rim.

At Battle Mountain, Nevada.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Follow Up:
I was getting ready to depart from Phillips RV park in Evanston , Wyoming this morning when I took a close look at one of my wheels. The left rear had a spoke cracked all the way through. This must have happened in my travels yesterday. I will attempt to make it back to Sacramento on the spare, with a conventional wheel rim.

At Battle Mountain, Nevada.

Tredit guarantees the wheels for life. Contact them, they will need some specific pics and some paperwork, but they will ship you a new wheel and reimburse you for remounting expenses. (Balancing not included).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Traveltiger:
Thanks SO much for the Tredit information. I will call them on Monday when all of the 4th of July weekend dies down.

In looking for a new wheel I went to the Tredit website, and did not see the wheels for my 08 Bighorn (Aluminum, 7 spoke, 8 bolt, 3450 lb load, 110 psi) on their website. I did find it elsewhere, and am pretty certain it is a Sendel (brand) Model TO2-66867T. The best free shipping price I found online was $117. I am thinking that the wheel probably has a good aluminum recycling value, too.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh, Tredit will have you ship the old wheel back in the same packaging (prepaid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk