Sta-Bile Marine Formula a must use

Lou_and_Bette

Let me start this thread by saying what I did is STUPID and should not be replicated by anyone since "your results may vary" Backgound, last put gas in tank for genny, Feb 2012 (with Sta-Bil Marine Formula); last started genny (did do this monthly until event) in March 2012 when I started genny while on show power (always unhooked before) and blew ATS. Present day: figured out I could start genny any time with two 30 Amp circuit breakers off, so, thinking this thing would never start, used prime feature and pressed the start button. To my great relief and amazement, the genny started right up. Wonder of wonders. The Sta-Bil is the only reason I can think of that with over 1 year old gas the genny had no issues with gum up

porthole

Retired
I use either Sta-bil or ValvTech marine with the ethanol stabilizers - every time I fill the tank.
If not for long term storage then because of the ethanol.

olcoon

I use it in the lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eater, & ATV's. Sometimes any one of those, or all of them may sit without being used for extended periods. Never have a problem starting. Love the stuff!