Join The North texas Chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iefpro01

Join The North Texas Chapter!

:rolleyes: Please see attachement and flyer! We are a brand new group - and are seeking the founding membership! We have no clue what we are doing - but Curtis and I want to have lot's of fun - so hurry up and help us figure out how to have that fun! LOL!

Attachments

• NorthTexasFlyer001.pdf
    130.9 KB · Views: 190
Howdy Folks...what part of Texas are you located in? We have not been able to find any RV camping groups anywhere around the Texarkana area.

jpmorgan37

Terry;

Have you checked into the Good Sam Club? There is a local chapter in Texarkana that call themselves the Vagabond Sam's. I know we had a lot of fun in our group when we lived in Minnesota.

Cooper

We are located in the Dallas area but, would be glad to have you. When in Texarkana I stay in Shady Oak's RV Park. It is a real nice park. I would like to plain a group trip to Texarkana it's a nice area.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Well, alright! We are based at Caddo Lake in Uncertain Texas. We travel about 3 months a year and my DW stays in the unit in Sacshe when she's working in Richardson. We'd be interested in getting involved with a group.

iefpro01

Great Caddojay! We are just taking names for now and building a list of interested folks. We hope to actually begin to do activities next year.

Cooper

Our local dealer (Explorer USA) has sent out flyers in order to reach those of us who do not get on the forum. We have received a few responses and I believe we will have a good size club. For those of you that are waiting to see what happens? It will be the people that make this club not a select few. We have some great plans and hope to get your ideas on club activities even if it is just vegetating which I need to do sometime.
Have a good day and keep the sunny side up.:rolleyes:

Cooper

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/heartlandownersclub_logo.jpg

This will be the first meeting of the North Texas Heartland Owners Club. What we would like to do is let you choose to have a Dinner, Breakfast meeting or have a Camp Out at a local RV park. The first meeting would be a get to know you event. I think that's very important to see if we click and get some of our ideas out on the table. Also need some suggestion on a central location for the meeting.

Please RSVP
curtisdoyle@sbcglobal.net

carl.shea@enternetnow.com

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Living in OKC and not seeing any OK Chapter, I would like to attend if my schedule allows; I'd like to see what goes on at these meetings - since ya'll seem to know what you're doing!! I should be taking possession of my (first RV) Cyclone within the next couple of weeks! I'll keep tuned in to this thread - who knows, may just meet some Heartland Owners!!!

PS - Originally from TEXAS, been in OK for about 12 years. DW & I sometimes feel like 'foreign missionaries'!

Last edited:

Cooper

htneighbor it does not matter where you are located we welcome any Heartland Owner and hope you can attend. We are now deciding on a location and event once we get that established we will let everyone know.

iefpro01

htneighbors - Man-O-Man, you mean they haven't boiled you and eaten you for dinner in 12 years! LOL As Cooper said you would be more than welcome to join our group - in this case we could just adopt those Okies!

Looking forward to seeing you all!None

jbeletti

htneighbors,

I see you've been adopted by your neighbors. That's great. Feel free to join any chapter that works for you.

When sufficient interest is generated in any state, we'll instantly create a chapter so long as we get someone to step forward to be chapter leader.

Have fun at the TX rally and enjoy your new Cyclone.

Jim

Cooper

The first meeting of The North Texas Heartland Owners Club.
(PLEASE REPLY)
It looks like the majority of the group are for a Camp Out.
The majority of you have come up with March 29/30 or April 5/6 weekends for a camp out. We need to pick one of these weekends (hope for good weather) and a location.
Remember everyone may not be please on locations or date but, as a member every person counts and we hope you will attend even if the time and location is not convenient.

Location Suggested:
We need your suggestion on other locations or vote on the one's below. Let's try to stay around a 2 hour drive our first time out.
Remember some State Parks have limits on size of RV's, some only have 30 AMP hook ups and some do not have full hookup's which for a couple day's would be ok.
We need to make reservation to be assured a spot.

RV Ranch South of Fort Worth on 35 W
The Vineyards RV Park in Grapevine
Ray Roberts State Park
Shady Oaks
Texarkana
Eisenhower State Park
Bob Sandlin State Park
Whispering Pines
near Tyler
America RV in Corsicana
Mitchell's in Perrin
Caddo Lake State Park

Cooper

The votes are in the first meeting of The Heartland Owners Club Of North Texas will be at the Vineyard in Grapevine on March 29/30. I will be there on the evening of the Friday 28.
Now I need to know how many can attend so that I can make Reservations. I will try to get us in one area but their pull thru are scattered. After I make the Reservations everyone can call the Vineyards to take care of their own site. Remember its a Corp. of Engineers park so not all sites have full hook ups.
The 2nd meeting will be set up at our first meeting and a location will be decided then. I hope we can visit all of your favorite spots by having a meeting at a different spot each time.
We may have a representative from Explorer USA pay us a visit.

Reservations 888-329-8993

WE HOPE YOU ALL CAN ATTEND.

Cooper

I have reserved 10 sites available are 28,30,32,34,36,38,41 (pull thru),45,47,49
Until Friday Feb. -15 that’s as long as the Park would hold them.:eek: All sites have 50 AMP

Cooper

Email from Rosie at The Vineyards.

Hi Curtis,

Glad to have your club come to the Vineyards. Right now we have a few sites left in the reserved area. If there are more people who are going to be with your group, they need to make there reservations as soon as possible as March starts our busy season and we cannot hold sites past Friday 02-22-08 after that it will be just whats availble :eek:. If you have any questions please e-mail us or call us at 888-329-8993.

Please tell the attendant that you are part of the Heartland group when you make a reservation.

Rosie, Park Attendant

The Vineyards Campground Staff

Visit www.vineyardscampground.com for a virtual tour

thevineyards@grapevinetexas.gov

817-329-8993
888-329-8993

theharveys

I have talked with Floyd at The Vineyards and we will be joining the North Texas group for the inaugural rally! We also would like to join the North Texas chapter of the Heartland Owners Group.
It will be our first camping trip with our new trailer. Looking forward to meeting everybody. I will be arriving on Friday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.