Picking up my new coach next week couple ford questions

Kblock108

Hey guys, first post and excited to me a part of what looks like a great group. We bought a 2011 greystone 33qb, first ever coach and our two kids (4 and 2) are excited. I was curious if anyone pulls something similar with a 2011+ ford f250 super crew lb 4x4 6.7 diesel. The weight is fine, but I was curious what people thought of the power or the need for airbags. Also, my truck has the factory trailer brake control, curious what setting most of you use? Thanks for all your time...

jimtoo

Hi Kblock100,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think you will be fine with your truck. (Even thou it is a ford) Some do install airbags to keep it level. I'm sure you will get more opinions soon.

I am also moving the thread to the towing rig area.

Enjoy the forum and think of joining our Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies when you can.

Jim M

wino2

Your best bet with the trailer brake controller is to start at 10 and work down from there until you are comfortable. Everyone is different.

jnbhobe

you will have no problems with that Ford truck or with the brake control

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

doxiecouple

Your 6.7 F250 is a great truck. I have a 2012 model just like you describe with the FX4 package as well. Power is awesome.

ncc1701e

Hey guys, first post and excited to me a part of what looks like a great group. We bought a 2011 greystone 33qb, first ever coach and our two kids (4 and 2) are excited. I was curious if anyone pulls something similar with a 2011+ ford f250 super crew lb 4x4 6.7 diesel. The weight is fine, but I was curious what people thought of the power or the need for airbags. Also, my truck has the factory trailer brake control, curious what setting most of you use? Thanks for all your time...

We're pulling what is pretty much the same trailer (2013 Sundance 3310CL, 10.5k#) with a 2012 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7L. The truck is awesome on power, handling the trailer with no problems. I usually run the factory brake controller at 5.5 or 6. Sometimes when heading into the mountains and expecting steep roads I might bump it up a notch or two, but have never had any issues. I did put air bags on the truck. Did I need them, maybe not. The SB F250 seemed to have some chucking motion that was uncomfortable. Between the Moryde Pin Box and the air bags that issue is all but gone. Jun 14 2013 A.jpg The picture was taken as we were hitched and ready to pull from home to Goshen for the National Rally this year. Enjoy, I can say nothing bad about the truck trailer combo.

Tom

Kblock108

Great info thanks, ya mine sits a little low in the back and I may opt for them too. What airbags did u go with?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373381150.859754.jpg

Wmnmy

Hi kblock108 I have a cyclone 2812 setup with the 6.7 2011 sw f-250 and this truck pulls like a dream already have taken it cross the united states and back with no problems from the smokeys to the rockies , I have the firestone heavy duty air bags with a compressor and it rides very comfortable love the fact I can air up my trailer tires as well as my truck without having to wait at truck stops . the brake controller is awesome I usually keep mine at around 6.5 and like most a lil higher going thru mountains . you will love your truck and I have the extang tri fold leather cover that I keep on even when traveling . have fun and welcome to the forum . will/mary

ncc1701e

Great info thanks, ya mine sits a little low in the back and I may opt for them too. What airbags did u go with?View attachment 25259

I used the Air Lifter 5000 series and added the remote compressor (http://www.airliftcompany.com/products/compressor-systems/wirelessone). Really love the system. Allows me to adjust bags on the road while traveling. Only did this a few times, but it was nice to be able to do while running down the road. Took a little looking, but was able to put the compressor and valves all in one of the frame to body mounting pockets.

Tom

dbbls59

I set my brake controller at 6.5. I did install air bags, went with Air Lift 5000. Bit of a bear to install the left one because of the factory 5th wheel prep but was doable. My pin weight is a bit more than yours probably is. It is just under 3000 pounds but about 30 psi brings it back up level.

diesel_doberman

I have a 350 king ranch, no air bags and have never had it squat in the rear. Gooseneck horse trailers or the camper. The trucks are beast.

P.s. Brake controller is at 4.0-4.5

Gsxr130

I have a 2001 F250 6.7 Lb and installed Firestone 2535 airbags, they work with the ford 5th wheel prep and the B&W turn over ball setup. they work great.

jdamude

We just purchased a BC 3650. We have a 2014 F 250 crew cab truck. The truck pulls the trailer great. We installed the firestone air bag system to level the truck out. Since installing the bags we notice that the truck has a much better ride and stability. The truck has a 6.2 gas engine and has plenty of power for pulling. The trailer that we are replacing is a 2009 Sundance 2900MK, the 3650 pulls nicer with a better ride, this may be a result of the new axle system on board.