Apologizes in order! Faulty DIC!

ChopperBill

:eek: Driver Information Center must have gone wacky! Got to AZ and it calculated with my corrections at 13 mpg. On paper it figured just a smidgen over 11! I wonder if plugging in the Edge it give false DIC readings to make it look good? I know it was closer before I added it. But the extra power is awesome! Pulled hills like a dream that took effort before. Well worth the money!
Gawd! I hate millage threads! Cause folks like me get caught up in the BS! :D

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
In reading many threads on many different diesel forums, your results seem to be common... without going back to particular threads, the consensus was that most "boxes" mess with the driver information systems in most trucks...

Pulltab

Bill, when I put the Edge on my Kodiak Duramax it picked up about 1-1-1/2 mpg plus like you said the power is awesome!

mufflerman

Are you programming the tire size in, I have the evo. in mine at it's with in 2/10 of being accurate. Just a thought.

BJ'sDad

If it's any consolation, the DIC reading in my Ram has always been off by approx 2mpg from the day it was brand new.

fishn2dmax

I also have the edge juice box w/ attitude controller in my 03 Duramax. My DIC mileage has always been off a little due to my larger 285 tires. However, calculating manually from fill-up to fill-up, I have seen a 10% increase in both towing and non-towing mileage using the Edge box level setting 1 ( Mileage mode). In Level 2 (tow mode), I have much more towing power and about the same MPG as stock. I never use levels 3-5 as they increase EGT's too much, create to more power than I will ever need and increase damage risk.

During a recent trip to my dealer, in a town 320 miles away, I pulled my Sundance 2900 MK (loaded with 1/2 tank of water), for some warranty work. Using level 1 only on the juice box I traveled 325 miles (26 gallon tank) and used exactly 24.1 gallons. On the return trip ( 320 miles) I used 24.9 gallons. Total MPG for this trip equated to 13.1 MPG. This trip had some 6% steep mountain grades and some head winds on the return trip. I averaged 71 MPH ( I have a heavy foot). I couldn't be more happy with 13.16 MPG pulling over 10,000 lbs of trailer behind me. If I had slowed down to 60-65, the mileage would been closer to 14 -15 MPG.

The Juice box has made a positive difference in power and MPG's!:D

ChopperBill

mufflerman said:
Are you programming the tire size in, I have the evo. in mine at it's with in 2/10 of being accurate. Just a thought.
MY old style wont let me do the tire size deal. I just have to factor it in.

ChopperBill

Just got back from AZ. Empty, as I left the Bighorn at the campsite. Using Streets and Trips as a miles driven calculator rather than the DIC and after doing the pencil and paper thing, I got an amazing 18.5 MPG. I was taking my 3-4 MPH the cops will generally allow you and drove 78-79 MPH. I was very pleased! I was in level two and passing slower folks I went around them like I was shot out of a canon!

Netem

Chopper, you say you have 285's. I have 265's and can see some power loss towing unless I keep the rpms above 2000 which is 70 or better. I have been thinking about chipping it but didn't know if it would make up for the tire swap as its hard to make up for higher gears which is what the tires did. 2002 Chevy 3/4 ton,duramax,alison, dynoflow,K&n,265 Mich.

ChopperBill

Netem said:
Chopper, you say you have 285's. I have 265's and can see some power loss towing unless I keep the rpms above 2000 which is 70 or better. I have been thinking about chipping it but didn't know if it would make up for the tire swap as its hard to make up for higher gears which is what the tires did. 2002 Chevy 3/4 ton,duramax,alison, dynoflow,K&n,265 Mich.
Netem, I have the 265's

Netem

Sorry Chopper it was fishn2dmax with the 285's. Can't see how this hasn't hurt his pulling power.

Jimmyt5

I had an EDGE EZ (for sale) on my Dodge 2003 and it pulled like mad however, the DIC was always about 2.5 to 3 mpg on the plus side.....

Jim