• Non-Club Member fee:
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/12/2013
  • Potluck time: tbd

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: ziggy(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
There will be no rally fee since the Chapter will not be supplying food, drinks, dinnerware, etc. This is a BYOE (everything) event.
You may bring friends with or without Heartland products to this event.

This will be our third annual Camp-Out at Casey's in October. The weather has been great the last three times, but we will have the pavilion and the clubhouse to use if we need them.

After you make your reservations, please post your dates and site # for the list. If you are bringing friends with SOB's, please include their info too.

Come help us finish our camping season!!
:D:D

As of 8/10/2013 (12 so far)

Carlson (ziggy) 10/11-10/13 site 40
Rea (w/Carlson) 10/11-10/13 site 41
Garrett (w/Carlson) 10/11-10/13 site 39
Hole (shelsay) 10/10-10/15 site 38
Wade (TheWade2) 10/10-10/15 site 37
Rodman (boatdoc) 10/10-10/13 site 36
Miller (w/Rodman) 10/10-10/13 site 35
Ray (w/Rodman) site 42
Tennison (w/Rodman) site 34
Earls (debjer) 10/11-10/13 site 33
McLaughlin (Manzan) 10/10-10/14 site 43
Martin (silverstrands) 10/11-10/15 site 44

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK... People at the Oregon rally wanted to know when we were going to Casey's. Mark and I just happen to be at Casey's this week so I made the reservations for us and told them to expect others to call.

The park has groups booked for the weekends before and after this, so we lucked out on timing.

I know I always say this, but don't wait too long to make your reservations. Other groups are looking for Fall locations too and the park can't guaranty spaces for us if another group gets in here too. It is a first come, first served situation. Don't miss out.....

For those new to the group, a camp-out is different because it is even more relaxed than a rally. The club doesn't provide anything, no fees or donations are collected, everyone brings all their own stuff and we get together to eat, drink and be merry more like just a bunch of friends who happen to show up at the same time.

For those new to Casey's, this park looks deceptive from the road. The entrance looks like an old trailer park, but the RV park is past that. There is a row of river front sites where we usually line up. Those are all pull through sites and river view for motor homes, but we make due by going outside to look at the river. lol
Some people actually go fishing and sometimes catch fish! There are some back-in sites away from the river. Almost all of the sites are plenty long enough for our 3585 and truck to park. There is grass and a table for each site. Some sites have a large lawn. Some allow sat. access, but they all have cable so that has not been a problem before.

If approaching from the West side (I-5) Westfir is about 40 miles East of Eugene, OR on Hwy 58.

If approaching from the East (Hwy 97 side) you will need to plan some extra time due to the tunnel construction. We were held up about 10 minutes, but they say to expect up to 20 minutes. The Hwy on the East side is closed after 8 PM on week nights for construction, but that may change by then.

This is traditionally our last camping trip of the season since the snow can fly anytime after this and I'm back in school so I can't travel as much. Come help us celebrate a fantastic season at one of Oregon's best little RV parks.

Kristy

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I wish Kelly and I could go Kristy, but unfortunately we already are going to be camping in Yakima that weekend for a Conference we are both attending. I hope you guys have great weather and a fantastic time!

Rod Ditrich

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's too bad Rod. We always have a good time with this and the park owners already plan to join us for dinner. They like to see our group come back.

I found out during this trip that Casey's does have a clubhouse meeting room for us to use. We have always used the pavilion before, but we have the clubhouse if the weather gets bad. Either way, we will be warm and dry while well fed!

Kristy

shelsay

Hi--

Hope you had a great 4th of July. We are planning on attending as are the Wades. What site do you have?

Pat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We are having a good time and the weather is fantastic.

For this camp-out, we are in sites 38 39 and 40 so far. I know that Rodmans and Earls plan to come too. That puts us up to 7 rigs so far. Let me know what sites you guys get and I will add you to the list.

Kristy

PS See you at Coos Bay. Rodmans and Earls will be coming to dinner one night since they live so close.

wdk450

Kristy:
Hooray - You picked a weekend WITHOUT a home Oregon Ducks Football game. That really fills up Casey's.
I still love Casey's, but think I will be in So. Ca. for the Regional Rally and daughter's Fall College graduation ceremony at Cal Poly (Whenever that is).
Maybe I'll do a month at Casey's next year.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry you won't make it Bill.

Last night Bobowill from WA showed up here in the park. We will see them at the WA rally later this month and I'm trying to talk them in to coming down for the camp out. They haven't been to Casey's before and seem to like it here.

Kristy

DEBJER

Kristy, jerry and i will be comming up on friday the 11th and leaving sunday the 13th. Site 33. We'll make a break from the little red berries and work. See you at the mill. Deb

Manzan

Kristy, make that 11 rigs. Made our reservations yesterday--arriving on the 10th and leaving on the 14th. Site 43.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Put you on the list. We are glad you could fit this into your schedule. See you then!

This trip is 6 weeks after school starts and about 8 weeks after I will return to work. We have only been home for one day after our WA rally trip. I'm already excited about seeing everyone again and meeting a few new people too. I like my job, but it sure gets in the way, and silly me, I'm bringing my boss with me too!

Kristy

TheWade2

We are so looking forward to this event! While we are new to this group, we have stayed at Casey's many times and enjoyed it. The clubhouse is a great place to visit, cook, relax and enjoy friends. The pavilion has great ice cream! See everyone there!

Steve and Carol Wade

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Less than a week away.... The weather doesn't look too bad, but we have both inside and outside areas to use so as long as it doesn't snow on the pass we should be good.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Kristy

Gaffer

Karol and I were planning to make a day trip to the campout to see all our old friends and meet the six-pack of SOB's. We have company for the weekend arriving today so we will not make it. We are enjoying our new house in Bend and have plenty of parking if any of you are in the area. Enjoy and we will see you at the next rally. Beau was so looking forward to some playtime with Kona but that will have wait. PJ and Karol.

Status
Not open for further replies.