no surround sound

phelpo

ok gang, I own a 2014 Big Country with a 50" Sony and a genesis dvd,stereo etc. Now as a common
sense guy I would assume the tv's sound would play thru the surround system, Right?

After much discussion on these boards and with the factory rep, it seems a separate cable
has to be installed on the back of the tv to the genises. Now how much effort would it take
Heartland besides $15 to add the cable when installing the tv???

Besides the pain in the back side now for me and everyone else. Stupid

I hope mgmt reads this and revises their installation practices.
Phelpo

Westwind

I have a 2012 BH 3070 and had to do the same thing, figuring it out was the hardest part since at that time no one was talking about it online. You've discovered one of those RV Things - ( The kind that don't make sense!).

ParkIt

It makes sense to me, then again I know I'd want room for daisy chaining and something that can handle 70db+ which is much more difficult to do if its cabled up at factory.
A lot of the 'younger' buyers tend to swap all the audio and video out first thing...kind of like us...we were able to put a router on ours through an HDMI and firewire cables without too much of a hassle.

Maybe dealers should ask a buyer what they intend to use the system for and put the cable on as a courtesy for those that want it?