Seriously about Golden Gate !!!

MNG

We are looking at a 2005 Golden Gate that a local dealer in Washington is closing out. We are very close buying a Carriage Cameo but ran across this at the last minute. It looks like a great rig from the outside but you and I know that is only half the story.

What experiences have you had with your rigs?
I have seen some posts about issues with the brand of tires and overall quality, since they haven't been in business very long. This is unit #97.

Have you had to have any warrantee work?

How does is it haul?

Is this a reasonable deal :confused: , $53K firm.
Upgrades: Awning, stove, bedroom AC, Gen prep, Aluminum Rims, Stainless kitchen, Fireplace, Dual Pane Windows.

Mel & Ginger
Kent, Washington
2005 F350 Super Duty PSD 5 speed w/ Tow command

mowmoney

I think the price is really good.

We have a Grand Canyon and have had no major problems. We've been out in it 3 times so far. In my personal opinion these are great trailers.

I don't care what manufacturer it is any trailer you buy will have a few kinks (usually) occassionally you'll get lucky and have no problems whatsoever.

To me, how the manufacturer handles the problems is more important than whether anyone has had problems and you also have to realize that typically on a forum like this you're going to see the people who are having problems or issues because they're looking for similar problems and how it was fixed, corrected, etc. more so than the people who are having no issues.

Good luck whichever you end up buying and happy camping. Let us know which you decide on either way.

Tom of Ypsi

No problems with the tires like you probably read on rv.net about the Carlisle tires. Towing and handling is good, no problems at all, well balanced at least for my truck. At 53K for all those options and 1 year old I think it is a good buy. New Mt Rushmore by me is 81K plus change but of course that is negotiable. The rest is up to you. Read on all of the coachs you are considering and make up your own mind. If something goes wrong then you only have yourself to blame and not some forum or salesperson.

Cheryl

We just got home - last night. We started in the top of West Virginia, went to Myrtle Beach, Then Morehead Kentucky, then Colorado Springs and back home again. Our 2005 Dodge Dually Diesel 6-speed stick had no trouple pulling our Golden Gate. We went up the monutains at 70 mles an hour in 5th gear. The tires are excellent. If it weren't for the occasional noise, you wouldn't have even known the trailer was back there.