Dumb question on "Full Timing" stickers

ParkIt

I've seen a few models now have a "full timing" sticker below the RVIA sticker but can't find specifically what the heck it means. What did I miss? Is this new in the last year or so? Are there any additional benefits?
Just wondering if our BC is a sort of certified full time unit, it seems to be as per the dealer and HL when I was researching full time units.

Mizmary

Don't know. But one reason why we like heartland is it is one of the few brands that doesn't void the warranty if you full time in it. Our SOB manual stated in several places that it was not designed for full time use and using it in that manner would void the warranty.

Maybe there was a stink about that somewhere and they are starting to make it more "visible" which units are "designed" for full time use?

danemayer

Hi Parkit,

Heartland has modified the warranty statement on the high-end models to cover full-time use. On lower-cost trailers, the warranty statement excludes coverage when the trailer is used full-time.

Wear and tear on furniture and fixtures where a trailer is used for a 2 week vacation and 3 or 4 weekend trips will be much less than for a trailer occupied 365 days/year. In addition to the better warranty coverage, one might infer that a full-timers sticker means that more durable furniture and fixtures are used. But I don't know that there are any industry standards on the subject.

ParkIt

Thanks Dan :)

I kinda figured it was a "here's your sign" sort of thing but wasn't sure. Prior to purchase I made sure ours could be "full time living" without voiding any warranties or tax liabilities and did buy the additional 7 year warranty (yea, fun on reading up on all those...not).

Heart Land was very good at answering my questions on which units were built for full time and which ones could be a bit of a struggle. At least they were honest about it :)

Mizmary

Parkit - when you were looking, was cyclone one they did not recommend? I'm curious I haven't been able to find the statement saying it voids the 1 yr warranty but I'd like to know what they recommend. We did buy the fulltimer warranty anyway also, but you know....

I assume in the cyclone it's allowed since its the higher end and there are tons of us doing it. But I don't want to be caught unaware.

ParkIt

The Cyclones have changed a lot since we bought our BC, with all the upgrades it may qualify though you could call Heart Land and find out. It would be logical if they did considering people can't tow a cargo hauler behind their 5er and don't want to have to make two trips to have everything in once place.
When they first rolled out the Gateway they didn't suggest it would be the best for full timing but I think that has changed too.

Last edited: