Funny Camping Story

There's no way to make this story any shorter so dig in and enjoy. I think it's worth it.
We were camped along a river in New Braunfels, Texas. All the riverfront campsites were reserved by an eleven unit caravan of snowbirds that were coming in from New Mexico that evening so we were camped across the street from those sites. After most of these folks had arrived and set up their camps a gentleman from the group that I'll call "John" came over and told us, "Hey, grab your lawn chairs and whatever you're drinking and come over and join us. The show is about to start any minute".
Well, we did just that and I asked our new friends what "The Show" involved.
John said, "Well, Hank & his wife had a little minor mechanical problem and Billy Bob stopped to help him while the rest of us continued on to get here. The problem is that Billy Bob has the biggest rig in our group and needs a large campsite. As you can see, Bubba over here has the smallest rig in our group and has parked in the biggest site knowing full well that Billy Bob will need it. They're going to have a huge fight when Billy Bob gets here."
I asked, "Does this kind of thing happen often?"
"Everywhere we go." replied John. "There's always something for them to fight about."
I found this to be quite a remarkable prospect and sure enough when Billy Bob and his wife arrived the fight started. It was a yelling match of monumental proportions and the rest of the group found it to be very entertaining and they were comparing this melee to previous events between Billy Bob and Bubba.
"I suspect this is one of the better fights they've had."
"Yep. It's a good one alright, but it can't compare to Branson in '88."
"I'm still partial to Big Bend, '91."
I got the feeling that the group would hold up Olympic style score cards when the fight ended. You know - with scores like "9.5" and "10.0".
Well, I really thought that Bubba would relinquish the big site after the fight because he never did unhitch. Well, that didn't happen and Billy Bob had to shoehorn his big fifth wheel into the smallest site. That site happened to be directly across the road from us and we had to move our table, take in our awning and carefully guide Billy Bob through our campsite and very close to our trailer as he carefully backed into his site across the street. This was another really good show in itsself.
When the show ended it was dark and everyone said "good night", went into their rigs and got on their oxygen having had another evening of good if predictable entertainment.

Forrest Fetherolf

Warren,

Hope you got the license numbers of those rednecks, might be a good question to ask future campgrounds in addition to the normal information required before you park.:)

Forrest

Forrest,
It was the best show in town that night. I was tempted to retire and join their group on the spot just for the nightly entertainment.

Warren