Used Greystone cover? what wax?

Kblock108

I am picking up our 2011 Greystone on Monday, which we will plan on keeping at our home in the RV parking area besides our house. The coach currently sits in an outdoor dirt lot, but I would rather keep it somewhat covered to prevent damage or fading. I would hate to spend as much as the Calmarks, especially since its already older. If it was brand new, I would probably have a different opinion...I was considering going with the Adco, cheaper and hopefully it would last a few years. I live in Southern California, I worry more about the sun damage than anything. Your thoughts?

Also, what is the best wax that you guys suggest? I love my stuff looking nice...Thanks

Lynn1130

I think if you do a search you will find several threads concerning "wax". Also search "Rejex" both here and on the Internet. Many of us use it.

Birchwood

We replace decals annually on our Landmark, possibly due to the Florida sun.If it fades we replace it!

danemayer

Kblock108,

There's a fair amount of mixed opinion on covers.

Pro: protection from the sun, tree sap, etc.
Con: Expensive, don't last long, hard to get on and off, wind can rub the cover against the trailer causing damage.

And of course there are many full timers who can't use a cover even if they wanted to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scottyb

I read some reviews on Fleetwax by Collinite on another site. Did a search and found it on Amazon. Apparently the boat guys swear by it for marine use on fiberglass boats. I bought some wax for my truck made by Collinite called Marque d Elegance. It is a hard paste wax and is touted as very difficult to use. I didn't find it to be any more difficult than any other paste wax. It has an amazing finish. Here is a funny review I found on Amazon;

This is take-control-of-your-life-wax. Punish-your-kid-wax. Spend-enough-time-with-the-car-that-the-wife-leaves-you-wax. This stuff smells like napalm and probably kills brain cells. But good God will it give your car a protective shine like none other.

Right now water isn't just beading off my car as it rains, it jumps. It says "I don't want to live like this anymore," and offs itself. And that is something that can only truly be understood by a product manufactured in Utica, NY.

I am loving it so much, I am going to buy some of their Collinite Liquid Fiberglass Boat Wax #925 . If it can hold up on a boat, it should have no trouble on an RV.