Roadmaster Active Suspension system new to market any users?

szewczyk_john

I was getting ready to purchase firestone airbags for my dodge 2500 when I found an ad for a new suspension system on the market. It makes your passive leaf springs into a mechanical active suspension or so the ad says. Has anyone had any experience with this setup and have any comments about it? My main reason for looking at this system is that it claims to help with the axel wrap and/or wheel hopping.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I had the Roadmaster system (coil spring laid flat) for one towing trip only, I couldnt remove it fast enough. It's ok with weight on it but raises the rear end 3"+ with no weight. Also it's very bouncy while unloaded and very hard to adjust once it's installed. This system has been around for many years.

tgreening

I was getting ready to purchase firestone airbags for my dodge 2500 when I found an ad for a new suspension system on the market. It makes your passive leaf springs into a mechanical active suspension or so the ad says. Has anyone had any experience with this setup and have any comments about it? My main reason for looking at this system is that it claims to help with the axel wrap and/or wheel hopping.

Despite the marketing jargon, when you get right down to it, it's nothing more than another take on a helper spring. It's really no more "active" than any other type of spring system. To be fair, your standard air bag system isn't all that active either, if it's the type where you fill it to your liking and then motor on down the road. To me the only real "active" system is the self adjusting type that works to maintain a set ride height regardless of the load, with no input from the user. I haven't adjusted mine since the day I installed it. I set my desired ride height and it stays there no matter if I'm just filling my fuel tank, or hooking up 20K worth of trailer.