Modifying 280BHS for laundry door...

campntn

We maybe getting our 280BHS next week!:eek: :D
I have an idea for a mod that I wondered if any of you have tried out or had done or saw or simply have thoughts on:
A laundry dump door in on of the nitestands that opens and drops dirty laundry into a waiting laundry basket underneath that is slide in from the outside into the huge outside storage area that runs the front width of the camper?
Doesn't "sound" hard. Dremmel a door, put striping around it, hinge it from the inside, small knob, small stop to keep it from falling thru.
I've seen similar setups in fifthwheels. I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work there. I mean, dirty laundry takes up SO much room.
Thoughts? Ideas? I ha discussed this with the dealer and he was excited and may do it there before we bring it home.
Thanks!
Mark

Luckyhat12

I am thinking about doing something like this in my cyclone. I haven't done it yet but I am strongly considering it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We had one like that in our previous trailer. It is an open hole to the basement directly into the interior of the trailer. This will allow the heat or cold to enter the trailer. I closed my laundry opening and use a basket in the closet. I like the laundry bin that comes in the Bighorn.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We had one like that in our previous trailer. It is an open hole to the basement directly into the interior of the trailer. This will allow the heat or cold to enter the trailer. I closed my laundry opening and use a basket in the closet. I like the laundry bin that comes in the Bighorn.

That laundry bin in the Bighorn will hold exactly 20 2-liter bottles of Diet Pepsi. Perfect place for them...and they don't roll around all over the rv while I travel. Now, if I can just figure out a place for my ice machine!!:cool: