EVENT: RV Show: FL, TAMPA - 1/15/2014 to 1/19/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Hello Heartlanders,

It's that time again; preparations for the 2014 Tampa Supershow are taking place.

2014 FLORIDA RV SUPERSHOW (show link)
Location: Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 US Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
Non-Public Day (Industry Day): Tuesday, January 14, 10 am - 4 pm
Public Days: Wednesday-Saturday, January 15-18, 9 am - 6 pm
...................Sunday, January 19, 9 am to 5 pm

CAMPING AT LAZY DAYS

• Campground Address: 6130 Lazy Days Boulevard, Seffner, FL 33584
  • Campground Phone: (800) 350-6731 or (800) 306-4002 and ask for the campground if first number is not working
Other area camping options:
- The Fairgrounds: 30 amp electric only
- The Fairgrounds: Boon docking

VOLUNTEER SCHEDULE
AM Shift = 9 am to 1 pm / PM Shift = 1 pm to 5 pm

TUESDAY
This is Industry Day - so there is no public at the show this day, therefore no schedule for volunteers, just myself and one helper to setup the table/banner etc.
- Jim Beletti - AM to setup

- Dave Yocum - AM to setup

- Randy Allen - AM to setup

WEDNESDAY
AM: Jim Beletti
and Ken Hyde
AM: Doug and Mary Sloan

AM: Ray and Lin LeTourneau

PM: Jim Beletti
and Julie Hancock
PM: Bobby and Tom Weber

PM: Randy and Santha Allen

THURSDAY*
and John Gaffney
AM:
Malcolm and Val Talley

and John Gaffney
PM: Bobby and Lisa Altizer

PM:
Walter and Linda West

FRIDAY
and Ken Hyde
AM: Doug and Mary Sloan
AM: Malcolm and Val Talley

and Paul Alfano
PM: Randy and Santha Allen

PM: Keith and Carol Lindgren

SATURDAY
and Paul Alfano
AM: Dave Yocum
and Julie Hancock
AM: Keith and Carol Lindgren

and Paul Alfano
PM: Malcolm and Val Talley
PM: Walter and Linda West

SUNDAY

AM: Chuck and Saundra Batcke
AM:
Eric and Dorothy van Opstal

AM: Chuck and Saundra Batcke
PM: Eric and Dorothy van Opstal

(Sunday PM crew will also tear the table/banner down at 5 PM)

SHOW PHOTOGRAPHER

• [SUB]​[/SUB]Dave Yocum
LAZY DAYS SITES

1. Site 3: Beletti - AR: 13-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 7 nights
  2. Site 1: Sloan - AR: 14-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 6 nights
  3. Site 2: Yocum - AR: 13-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 7 nights
  4. Site 6: Lindgren - AR: 16-Jan / LV: 19-Jan - 3 nights
  5. Site 5: Allen - AR: 11-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 9 nights
  6. Site 4: Hyde - AR: 13-Jan / LV 20-JAN - 7 nights
  7. Site 7: Alfano - AR: 15-Jan / LV 20-JAN - 5 nights
  8. Site 8: Tally - AR: 12-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 8 nights
  9. Site 9: West - AR: 14-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 6 nights
  10. Site 10: Van opstal - AR: 15-Jan / LV: 20-Jan - 5 nights
* VOLUNTEER DINNER
Thursday night, Heartland will host a dinner with club members who were accepted as volunteer and worked the club table at the show. Details to to be sent via email.

Dinner Headcounts:

• Allen: 2
  • Altizer: 2
  • Batcke: 2
  • Beletti: 2
  • Gaffney: 1
  • Hyde: 2
  • Lindgren: 2
  • Sloan: 2
  • Talley: 2
  • van Opstal: 2
  • West: 2
  • Yocum: 2
-----------------------
23 people for the volunteer appreciation dinner

STANDBY LIST IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATIONS

1. Glenn and Ginger Martin
  2. Tom Weber - available for additional shifts if we need him

Attachments

• Units to be shown in Tampa 2014.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:

GlenStMary

Jim, My wife Ginger and I are planning to attend the Tampa show and would be happy to volunteer to assist at a second Heartland display. Please include us in your list of volunteers for the show.

jbeletti

Jim, My wife Ginger and I are planning to attend the Tampa show and would be happy to volunteer to assist at a second Heartland display. Please include us in your list of volunteers for the show.

Hi Glenn,

I just learned that the two Heartland displays will be outdoors and side-by-side. Being next to each other, the thought is that one club table will be sufficient. So, while it's looking like we will not need anymore volunteers, please feel free to stop by our table to say hello. See you in Tampa!

Theresau

We'll be at the show and Jan and Bob (Landmark) will be joining us. We'll be staying at Williston Crossings for the winter.

csmdla

Would love to visit when you are in Tampa -- we are Heartland members and have attended other rallies -- own a 2011 Heartland Landmark (Augusta) -- we are staying at the MacDill AFB and too close to bring the trailer to the Rally but would love to maybe do a dinner and see Heartland friends we know -- see you then. Mary and Danny Andrews, Pensacola, FL 32513

jbeletti

Tampa Show Volunteers - Thank you! We are all set. The schedule is complete, the volunteer details document is done, I sent in a contract to our volunteer's thank you dinner restaurant and the dinner details document is complete as well. Both documents will be emailed to you very soon!

Wait Listed Volunteers - Thank you for your patience. Several have already been called up and we are down to just a couple left on the list. Should we have any cancellations, I will start going down the list :)

To everyone following this thread, if you're planning to attend the Tampa Show, please stop by the Heartland displays to see the latest products and say hello to the volunteers. Heartland products will be displayed in plots 700 (America Choice), 710 (La Mesa) and 720 (Camping World).

See you in Tampa!

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It looks like Lazydays is getting of being a Heartland dealer. Not showing at the Tampa show and very few on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Yes my husband talked to a salesman there two days ago about a Landmark and they told him they would not have any at the show and were trying to get rid of what they have.
LindaW

jbeletti

I believe Lazy Days now only carries Cyclone (other than their lot stock) and we are not having them show Cyclone at the show. I don't know any details on why, but seem's they're all but out of being a Heartland dealer. I'll post what brands and floor plans we'll be showing in Tampa.

Rodbuster

I believe Lazy Days now only carries Cyclone (other than their lot stock) and we are not having them show Cyclone at the show. I don't know any details on why, but seem's they're all but out of being a Heartland dealer. I'll post what brands and floor plans we'll be showing in Tampa.

Wonder if it has anything to do with Camping World right next door???

VKTalley

When we were at Lazy Days this past January (after the RV show), we were told that Camping World was moving down the road due to "conflicts of interest" between them and Lazy Days. I think Camping World's new site is on out I-5, a couple of exits past Lazy Days.

jbeletti

Units "planned" (but not guaranteed) to be shown at the Tampa show are listed in the PDF attached to post #1 of this thread. The models are too hard to read next to each floorplan image but a readable list appears in the margin.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Jim, I shifted our LazyDays reservation to arrive 15 January, leave 20 January. This was done to accommodate working the show Sunday 19 January.

jbeletti

CONFIRMED VOLUNTEERS:
An email has just been sent to each of you with 2 attachments. One are the show/volunteer details and the other is the details for the volunteer dinner.

If you are on the list of volunteers with a designated shift(s) as listed in post #1 of this thread and did NOT receive the email, please email me via the forum and I will resend it to you.

If you are on the list and your plans change, please contact me right away - so I can activate an alternate. My email and phone are listed in the documents.

ALTERNATES:
If your name is listed at the bottom of post # 1 of this thread as an alternate, you still may be contacted to replace anyone who needs to bow out. I realize that the closer we get to show time, the less likely it will be for alternates to be available. We'll do our best to contact you as soon as we know we need you.

If you are not on the alternate list and wish to be placed on it, please reply to this thread and I will add you.

Thanks team and we'll see you in Tampa soon!

jrzygrl64

Bill and I will be at the show and will definitely stop by to meet you guys! We were originally planning to finalize which unit we wanted at this show, but since we already made our purchase, we can just relax and enjoy!

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Kelly

Birchwood

Will be driving over from Willow lakes ,Titusville to take in the show for a day.Looking forward to the show and thanks for your setup info.See you at the show!

Status
Not open for further replies.