ATF: North Trail - axle problem?

wbroberge

2011 North Trail 24RBS - major tire wear on inside of back tire. Not much mileage on these either. Looking underneath at the axles from the rear show the front axle curves up but the back axle curves down. I do not believe it is has been overloaded as it ismostly used by two of us and we do not travel with anything in the waterholding/sewer/gray water tanks. What can we do about this?

jimtoo

Hi wbroberge,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you bought the North Trail new and it is still in warranty, get your VIN and call Heartland Customer service, 877-262-8032, 574-262-8030, to find a shop in your area. If your unit is not in warranty look for a trailer repair shop that does axle alignments. Usually not to expensive and a quick fix.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Call Heartland either way! They may know of a problem -- hopefully they can help you with a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manzan

Wbroberge, this happened to our 21FBS. Noticed a big problem with 3800 miles on the trailer and 1200 miles from home, less than a year old. Put on the spare and limped back to Seattle. Notified my dealer, took the trailer in, they took pictures and sent them to Heartland or Lippert and they sent dealer a new axle. Dealer put it on, did not like what they saw and took more pictures. The result was Lippert sent another axle so I now have two new axles and had 5 ruined tires. I called Lippert on my own behalf and they gave me $65 per tire when I replaced them. One of the tires was worn down to the cords--kind of scary--but between the dealer, Heartland and Lippert we were well taken care of so there is hope! (I was nice and they were nice)

wbroberge

Thank you all for your reply. I will try to call Heartland and/or Lippert (I will be nice) to see what can be done about this.
Safe travels and happy camping
wbroberge

wbroberge

I am happy to report that I did call Heartland, who had me call Lippert about the worn tire, bent axle problem. They had me send pictures of the problem. Turns out that they are willing to honor the warranty and will send new heavier duty axle beams and kits to the repair shop we chose. They will cover 1 1/2 hr. per axle labor. They will also cover $65.00/tire towards replacement tires. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I just recently retired from working and was not looking forward to this major repair needed. Lippert Component Inc. was very helpful to get the problem resolved. :D

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am happy to report that I did call Heartland, who had me call Lippert about the worn tire, bent axle problem. They had me send pictures of the problem. Turns out that they are willing to honor the warranty and will send new heavier duty axle beams and kits to the repair shop we chose. They will cover 1 1/2 hr. per axle labor. They will also cover $65.00/tire towards replacement tires. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I just recently retired from working and was not looking forward to this major repair needed. Lippert Component Inc. was very helpful to get the problem resolved. :D

Glad to hear they are taking care of you!