Getting to know "The System"

frumbawa

Greetings All. My first post although I’ve been following along for a while. Great forum!!
<O:p</O:p
I’m wondering what everyone’s experiences have been getting parts from Heartland?
We took the plunge on a 08 Sundance 2998 back in August. Took it out on a few short break-in trips and for the most part, all went well. Now, with the kids back in school and nothing planned for a while, I decided to bring the 5er back to the dealer to have some of the “kinks” worked out. This was back at the beginning of October. The dealer said they would have to order some parts but would take care of everything no problem.
Here it is almost the end of November. The dealer supposedly ordered the parts and Heartland supposedly confirmed shipping them two weeks later. Today, no parts. Is this long lead time normal? If not, any suggestions on how to nicely follow up? Note that I’m not T’d off nor here to bash Heartland or my dealer. I’m just trying to get a realistic idea of when I might get my rig back.
Thanks.
Frank

jbeletti

Sounds like a long time to wait Frank. Please call Heartland Customer Service at 574-262-8030. Have your VIN ready. Explain this to them and they should be able to shed some light on what is going on with your order.

Jim

frumbawa

Update

Just a quick update.

Before I could make the call to Heartland, Jim Fenner contacted me via PM. After e-mailing him more of the details, the information was passed to Chris De La Paz. Chris and I had a short telephone conversation Monday morning and in less than an hour, Chris got back to me with the details of all part orders for my rig and when they were shipped. The bottom line was there were multiple orders over a period of time, all of which were shipped in a timely manner. I was not aware of multiple orders so whenever my dealer said they were waiting for parts, I assumed they were talking about the original order. I also got word from my dealer that all parts have now been received and they are back to work. Hopefully I will see my Sundance back soon.

Many thanks to Jim and Chris at Heartland.

Frank

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Frank
I found out that with my dealer I finally had to ask for a cc of any email for parts be sent to me, as I just got too many stories. Heatland stories proved to be true, dealer stories had the truth bent out of shape...

frumbawa

Thanks for the tip Sailorand. Hopefully when I get my rig back, I will be done with service for a while. But if I ever end up going back in, I will definitely keep this in mind.

Frank