Chucking 28BHS wide axle tires...

campntn

With the wide axles, how do you chuck them? I am used to using a ratchet chuck that puts pressure between the two tires, but since these are so far apart, I don't see any way that you could do that.
Thanks!
Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the exact opposite problem. Out tires are too close for the chocks we used to use. We now use 4 plastic chocks. Once we're level we put 2 behind the rear tires, put some pressure against them by backing up a bit. While the pressure is against the rear chocks, place 2 in front of the front tires. Works as well, just a little more work involved.

campntn

Hmm, ok. Never thought bought backing up and putting the pressure on them. That should work.
We love the ratchet chocks. Guess I'll have some for sale now. :p

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
campntn said:
Hmm, ok. Never thought bought backing up and putting the pressure on them. That should work.
We love the ratchet chocks. Guess I'll have some for sale now. :p

I use the Rotochoks and have been really pleased with them. The rotochoks can be ordered to fit between gaps of 5/8" to 6" . Check um out at www.rotochok.com -----Ken

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
katkens said:
Sorry, Ray and everybody! Link works now.:eek:--- Ken
No problem ken! I found the site after a couple tries. I have seen those chocks on several trailers. They look very solid and well made. Thanks.