Rear beds rails too high

Lndeatr

Took our 2013 CY 300c out for the first trip. We unloaded the Harley and set up camp. I lowered the bottom bed to set it up and the fold down support legs are 3 inches off of the floor. It appears the rails on the wall are mounted too high. I used leveling blocks but am going to take it back. Anyone else have similar issues? It looks like the only thing holding the rails are lag screws. Seems like a simple fix if you know how to keep it the same height and aligned correctly. If it is done wrong, I can see big issues with the bed operation. Considering doing it myself.

danemayer

Hi Lndeatr,

I think there may be limit switches on the bed mechanism. Perhaps the lower limit switch needs to be adjusted.

Lndeatr

I initially thought that too but there is only enough room between the bottom of the bed frame and the bottom of the rail to fit a finger in.

jimtoo

Call customer service, have your VIN, #. I think they have longer legs for you. Think there was a change in production somewhere a while back.

Jim M

Appleguy

We had the same problem with our 2013 RW 300C. Factory messed up and put on legs that were too short. Was repaired under warranty.

travis_g

+1 with our RW415. Dealer ordered longer legs and replaced.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Lndeatr

I would like to know how high off the floor some of your beds are. When we set up the dinette, my wife's legs don't reach the ground. Kinda high for me too and I am 6' 3". I agree that longer legs would be a fix but to me, it just looks like the rails are too high. They almost are to the ceiling and there is a lot of room for them to be lowered. If this is normal I fine with it but if not, I would like thmem lowered. I am gonna call the customer service line this week. Been too busy to call yet.

oscar

In our 4100 the forward rails are 9.25" off the floor. The rear ones are more, because of the slope in the floor there.