Screw under the Lino

Lndeatr

We took our new 300c out for its maiden trip. Have a problem with the garage beds (posted in the garage section) but found a couple of things inside. The hinges need some adjustments (will do that myself), and the shower glass door has a slow leak (a little clear silicone will stop it) but my concern is the Lino in the kitchen. There is a raised outline of a screw that appears to bent over into the floor but still raised. If we don't address it, the screw will eventually cut through the Lino. Currently the Lino is seamless and I want it to stay that way. I know that most Lino repairs in a building mean the Lino will be cut and butted with a new piece. Has anyone had to address this with the factory and/or dealer? Paid way too much money to have it repaired incorrectly.

Other than the bed, shower leak and the floor, we love it!!! Towed great and it was awesome to have the Harley with us and relax on the porch.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If it were me, I would buy a linoleum repair kit and do it myself. The flooring isn't glued down so it should be an easy fix. Repair kits leave the area water tight and almost invisible.

Mizmary

We had our dealer fix a couple of holes (the floor ripped and rocks got under) in the floor as per our PDI. they tried with a vinyl (the floor is vinyl not linoleum if I remember correctly) repair kit and it didn't take very well. After a few days the repair was peeling up. The ended up ordering some flooring from heartland and replacing the section. It looks REALLY good. They did glue down the new floor.

If you are handy- you can do it yourself heartland will probably ship you a section of the flooring. I would do it that way rather than using a vinyl floor repair kit.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Since you live in Cal glueing the whole floor down would not be an issue. BUT, if you live where it get very cold....its not a good idea. The vinyl would shrink and crack. I would have the dealer order a new piece of vinyl have them replace the whole thing after removing/repairing the screw.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For a field repair, perhaps just making a slit over the screw so you can remove it or reinstall it is all you need. Then use the repair kit solvent to seal the slit back together. But a small dab of glue under it would probably not hurt it.

But, if you're still under warranty and want to leave your rig at a repair shop, replace the whole floor.

Lndeatr

Adjusted all the hinges, adjusted the door lathes and shot some graphite in the locks so the keys slide in and out easier. The shower leaks in the corner where the glass rubber stripping is so I am gonna let the factory deal with that. When I call this week I am gonna tell them that I want to replace all the vinyl vs a repair so I wont have a seam or repair. We expect this to be our last RV purchase and expect it to last awhile not to mention it cost half my annual income. Hopefully they will go for it. Our kids came back from a 45 day trip to Texas and they love it!! We love it too...