Odor in rear bath.

tmcran

09 Sundance with rear bath. 110/210 Dometic Sealand toilet. Noticed odor in rear bath off and on last 5-6 weeks. It has gotten much worst last week. Really bad when I turn on the A/C. Can't really tell if it's the gray or black tank. I think it's maybe the gray. I have replaced the anti -siphon device under the sink. May have helped some. I have drained the black tank until nothing else came out. I notice when I look down the hole I can see water . Is this normal for some water to remain after the black tank has been drained? I have not got on top yet to check the vent. Will be draining the gray tank tomorrow. Anyone had this situation? I added 20 gallons of water to the black tank with bleach and letting it set over night. Thanks

DuaneG

I clean our grey and black water often, but still sometimes have the same issue. Last week it was 110 outside. The air was on and when I used the toilet I got a blast of foul air from the toilet area. I think there was some type of suction created by having the air on and all the windows closed. And with the heat outside the air was baking in the underbelly.

I bought a bunch of smelly antibacterial dish soap at the dollar store and used 5 gallon buckets of hot soapy water and filled all my tanks up. I opened all the windows and turned on the fans. Some of the stink got into my trailer, but I vented it out and later flushed all the tanks.

It solved the problem for now.

Sumo

I have one occasion put the black tank treatment into the gray tank. It does seem to help with un-defined odors, is it a gray tank odor, is it a black tank odor.

Also agree with cleaning the tanks out real good every month or two.

tmcran

Well, after replacing the anti-siphon device under the sink odor gone . Took about 24 hrs. No odors with A/C on. I suppose the toilet gets blamed ,when it can be other causes. Agree a good flushing of tanks helpful.