Edging added to bed base.

mystic

Hi,

First few days in our Sundance brought wood splinters in both our legs from the rough edges of the bed base. It was also catching on the bed linen, and was very anoying.

I proceeded to do my first modification. I bought 2 lengths of 10mm board edging for $3. Cut to fit with a sharp knife, and glued it over the rough edge of the wafer board.bed-edge.jpg

Has been a huge improvement. No more splinters, and no more damage to the sheets.

Peter

fishn2dmax

Peter,

Great idea. We've had our share of leg splinters as well. I plan to do the same on mine as soon as I can find the trim/edging material.

Thanks for the idea. :) Hopefully Heartland will add this simple, yet needed trim.:rolleyes:

grizzlygiant

Edging = great improvement! You may also want to consider adding a sheet of vinyl flooring on top of the particle board, under the mattress, to provide a smooth surface for sliding the mattress when making the bed.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I did the same as grizzlygiant.. I added some vinyl to the decking of the bed support. I like the idea of the edging.. I will look into doing it also.