Tire Date Codes

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Need your help, I just bought a new to me set of Michelin LTX MS2 tires LT275/70R18 I know the DOT code will give me the date of Manuf.
It is B715 644X I am having a confusing time figuring out the date of the tires. Anyone on here have an answer for this old person. Thanks for any help you can give. I told the sales person at Sears that I wanted tires that were manuf. in the last 6 mos. Do I need to pay a visit to Sears?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless there is some kind of exception to DOT rules, there should be a four digit code somewhere on the tire, something like 2313, which would indicate the week (23) and the year (2013). You may have to look on the inside surface (as mounted) to find it, but it should be there.

danemayer

Lee,

I don't think code sequence B715 644X includes the date of manufacture.

I think the B7 stands for the Michelin Dothan AL plant. 15 is a code for tire size, not necessarily meaning 15". The 644x is likely a specific code used by Michelin to identify the tire more specifically, probably to a batch level.

There should be 3 or 4 digits immediately to the right of this sequence and that should be the date code.

scottyb

On some tires, the date code is seperate from the other codes. Look for 4 numbers somewhere on the sidewall. Usually the last two are a year and the 1st two are the week, 1-52, of that year. Sometimes it just doesn't jump out at you.

GOTTOYS

Some only have a date code on one side of the tire. Crawl underneath and see if you can find it on the backside of the tire...Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lee, another thing to help ID the code. It's in an oval shaped (race track oval) stamped area. Pretty small at around an inch or so long.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Thanks to everyone gottoys was correct it was on the raised white letter side which I had on the inside. They were manuf. the last week of June. I am satisfied with them and also the service I got from sears in cedar park Texas. I appreciate the comments. Come see us In Texas.