digital conversion box signal

RB2012

Will try and keep this short. I got the idea while in layup mode in N.J. and doing some mods on MY 2012 Bighorn 3455RL,I wanted to watch some tv. MY 5VER is parked next to my workshop which has cable tv supplied by comcast by the way of a digital conversion box which you have to put the tv on channel 3 and program your channels through their remote. I ran another cable from the workshop to the 5ver, connected to the cable connection in the udc. Took a digital conversion box in to the main tv connected it corectly and no signal. Now to make sure sure I had signal I disconnected from the udc and ran the cable through the window to the digital box and eureka I have tv. Now after a 3 month gig in Fl, Georgia,and N.C the Tv worked fine on campground Cable hooked up to the udc, so I am assuming the connections are still good , so what gives.

RB 2012

danemayer

Sounds like the cable signal from your workshop has different electrical characteristics - perhaps frequencies used - that are not compatible with the signal booster or perhaps the splitters in the path from the UDC to your living room. If you try to run satellite signals through the cable input in the UDC, you'll have the same problem.