water leaking when pump on

We've only experienced this twice in the time we've had the Cyclone 4012. We were hooked up to the "city water" at a park both times. We turned the water pump on thinking it would give us more pressure for the shower. It really didn't make a difference but we noticed that there was water leaking behind the bathroom wall on the kitchen side and flowing onto the carpet outside the bathroom door. Can this be a electrical hazard and does anyone what could be causing it?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm not familiar with the layout of the 4012 and where the pump location is. Does it leak only when you attempt to use the pump or is it something you just noticed? There is an access hole below the shower valve that will allow you to check the connections on the valve. If it's leaking only when the pump runs, it may be coming from the pump connection immediatly after the pump. These are all connectors that can be tightened by hand or "Snugged up" with channel locks. OR you may have a leak around the base of the shower enclosure.

That sounds like a plan Ray. It doesn't leak around the base of the shower so it may be the valve connection. We'll check that today. Hey, where do y'all stay in Corpus? We're planning a trip there in the near future and may want to stay a while. My long lost brother that I just met this year (was adopted and just found my bio family) lives around Laguna Madre and we're trying to find a park near there so we can get together and fish and hang out.