Shurflo water pump leak

sdwelling

Hey folks,

Had a little water wicking into the carpet at the bottom of my inside stairs leading to the head. I thought it was from the massive amount of condensation dripping from the main a/c. Wife was not satisfied with my answer, so I put my polar bear body into the basement and took down the aft bulkhead (8 screws). Had to remove the central vac, and there was the culprit on the pressure side of the pump! Drip. Drip. Etc.
Wanted to replace the entire screw in fitting, but no chance. Of course it's Saturday after 7pm , so my only hope was Lowes. They had a huge selection of o-rings and it looks as though I picked the right size.
All is well tonight at the vacation campsite. :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

HornedToad

I must have a leak also because my pump cycles about every 15 minutes when all the faucets are off. I haven't been able to find it, but your post gives me a good place to start. Thanks,

Greengas

I must have a leak also because my pump cycles about every 15 minutes when all the faucets are off. I haven't been able to find it, but your post gives me a good place to start. Thanks,

Thats about the right timing for a slow, drippy, faucet. It might be such a slow drop you don't notice it. One way to know for sure is dry all sinks and then put paper towel in the sink. That way, any drip will be "caught" and you have your answer.