stains in the kitchen sink, any ideas?

markandrenita

We have a stain in the kitchen sink and my dw was wondering what she should make me clean it with. Something that is safe for the septic system and won't damage the sink.

She also wants me to ask what should she should have me use to clean the toilet bowl with. We have a hard water/iron stain. Is CLR ok?

(I will do anything to go fishing tomorrow)

Oh, we have a 2008 Bighorn 3400rl

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We use scotchbrite on the sink with no adverse affects. Fot the toilet we use normal bowl cleaner. CLR should not be a problem as the tanks are polyethelene. I assume your toilet is ceramic. You could use scotchbrite there too. Have fun fishing!

Barry & Alana

stains in kitchen

Hi, We live in the rural area so we have a well with iron that stains both the sink and toilets. The best we have used over the years is VIM.
I used CLR over th years with no good results.

HOpe this helps somewhat. No problems with the holding tanks using this product.

:D

Handy

A Florida camper
We have had a stain in the kitchen sink to after about a months use and I cleaned it good and put a coat fo 3M boat wax that I got from walmart on it and it lasts about 4 months. I guess the wax seals the sink so the stain don't stick so fast. I wish they would have put a ss sink in.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I have used bleach to clean off the marks in the sink. Not good for the bacteria in the tanks, but just a little bleach diluted and the tanks rinsed after.
Rand

nhunter

I always wondered why with the nice Corian countertop we got the low end sinks. Our friends have a Montana and their sinks are made of the same material as the Corian like counter. I would even settle for a stainless steel sink.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Funny you mentioned the stainless sinks. We are considering a switch to a stainless sink in our new 3055, when it arrives, that may be purchased at any Lowes or Home Depot. The sink we currently have is the same style and probably brand that's in the 3055. It will clean up with spray clorox cleaner. We'd simply like a stainless sink. It's not hard to replace and if you have any carpentary skills and a couple of hours, it can be done. If you're not a tinkerer, simply spray it down, and rinse it out.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I use Soft Scrub with bleach in the gel form. I just let it sit for awhile and stains are gone. Haven't had any problems with tanks either.

jpmorgan37

Sue keep a spray bottle with 2/3 water and 1/3 bleach and gives the sink a spritz when needed and it keeps it stain free. She also has a rubber mat in one side and a vinyl covered rack in the big side that she got at Bed Bath & Beyond. So far, no problems and no stains.

grizzlygiant

caddojay said:
Funny you mentioned the stainless sinks. We are considering a switch to a stainless sink in our new 3055, when it arrives, that may be purchased at any Lowes or Home Depot. The sink we currently have is the same style and probably brand that's in the 3055. It will clean up with spray clorox cleaner. We'd simply like a stainless sink. It's not hard to replace and if you have any carpentary skills and a couple of hours, it can be done. If you're not a tinkerer, simply spray it down, and rinse it out.

We reallly like stainless steel sinks and wish it were available for our BH3400. I doubt that a stainless steel sink with the BH dimensions is available and if it is it would be a big job to install (like removing the countertop). :confused: