Dining table leg room

MarKim

Are we the only ones that bang our feet on the table legs of our dining table in our 2012 Sundance? The legs are at such an angle that they 'star' out from the base and seem to be in the way when we sit with our feet under the table. IF anyone has the same problem, did you come up with a different solution - can we unscrew the base from the top, rotate them to move them to a different angle or what?

We are (were) looking at a newer/bigger Sundance but are going to have the same problem and are hesitant to upgrade for this very reason. Maybe my feet are just too big and I am the only one that has this problem. :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've had the same issue but have gotten used to the best place for my feet. It's not like we spend a lot of time at the table. I've looked at how the table top mounts to the base and it can be remounted without much work.
Heartland doesn't build the tables so I wouldn't let the table change my opinion of my future RV. I wouldn't be surprised if the same vendor is used by multiple manufacturers.

danemayer

We probably have a different base, but found it tough to slide into our chairs without hitting something. I moved the table about six inches to the rear.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Weren't they putting a trestle base table in some models? Maybe you could opt for that. Or unscrew it from the floor and rotate it so you're sitting further from the pedestal.