Dometic/Sealand 310 Toilet

Westwind

We have been experiencing difficulty with our toilet, when filling with water it would open the valve and dump clear water in the tank which resulted in my having to empty the tank more often then I wanted, or it would stay open and not shut. I changed the black gasket a year ago but it didn't help and by the end of our snowbird season in Florida you had to let the pedal snap to shut the opening and stop filling.
I just called Dometic who referred my over to Sealand ( 1-800-321-9886 ), spoke to a gentlemen in the customer service department who has shipped a new toilet out to us because the the pedal mechanism is the only part that cannot be replaced on the toilet and the toilet was still in warranty (2 years). So it looks like I'll be installing a new one and adding a shut off valve to it.
The downside is to get rid of the old one, trash pickup has gotten restrictive and you pay to have everything removed so it looks like I'll be busting the old one up into little pieces in order to get rid of it. I will remove everything I can for parts, seat, valve etc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have the 210 and had a similar situation. The pedal was not coming back up and the ball remained open unless we lifted it with our feet or by hand. I had to replace the spring cartridge. Found one in a surplus place in Elkhart for $15. I was happy I didn't have to replace it with the 310. I would have to re-route the plumbing inlet to the other side and learn to flush with the right foot. :rolleyes:

olcoon

FWIW, some of our local fisherman like old toilets. They collect them & put them in lakes in ponds for fish structure. Apparently the fish like to hang out around them. Sounds like a crappy hangout to me, but I'm not a fish!

danemayer

FWIW, some of our local fisherman like old toilets. They collect them & put them in lakes in ponds for fish structure. Apparently the fish like to hang out around them. Sounds like a crappy hangout to me, but I'm not a fish!

Roy, did you mean a crappie hangout?:rolleyes:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

You didn't really just type that did you Roy???? Been hanging out bubba lately?