ATF: North Trail - HD antenna

berky

The antenna that came with your TT will be suitable for any television stations within the range of your campsite. Contrary to what the antenna marketers would have you believe, there is really nothing different about an "HD" antenna. It's simply an antenna designed to favor the UHF channels, which have been around for decades but were the poor step-sisters of VHF until the digital age came along.

If your television is HD, then you'll receive content at whatever resolution the broadcaster is using.

berky

The Wingman is not necessary to pick up local digital broadcasts. What the Wingman does is improve the ability of the standard antenna to receive weak, i.e. somewhat distant, signals. For example if your camp's location, terrain, and television picks up broadcast stations up to 30 miles away with the standard antenna, the Wingman might allow you to pick up stations up to 40 miles away. Just an example. YMMV.

priorguy

Berky is absolutely right. The important thing is to have either an HD over air reciever box or a tv with built in QAM tuner.

dhcolesj

I can't help but confirm the last two with this, because it's funny.
My Mom spent $97 on a "HD antenna" that took me over an hour to put together (instructions were horrible), and could never get but 1 channel. She returned it. I bought a Dell laptop with a built in TV tuner and it came with this really small rabbit ear type antenna, that I thought was quite funny. We hooked up the rabbit ears, and I started the TV app, and even in my basement, I could get quite a few HD channels. Mom came to my basement because she didn't believe it.

d_fergie

The antenna / amp combo with my new 22FBS rocks! I get channels at home and last week 50 miles from town that I can't get with my house OTA antenna...

wb2nco

Mmmm

In our older 2007 Jayco 17c I installed a Wingman and got great reception and additional and the regular OTA HD channels. In our now 2011 Focus T22 today, we get bad reception and a few HD OTA channels. TV's are the same. I live in normal surburban area with same OTA service. I think the difference is using the wingman. No?