Playing CD on GT 3.0

Dmarx5034

Just purchased a new Flagstaff trailer and it came with the GT 3.0 sound system. The first time I played a CD the TV turned on with a random picture on it. The sound was great but I do not understand why the TV has to be on for it to work. I worry that if the CD plays for a long time it will burn the image into the LED TV screen. Is this really how this works? I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi Dmarx5034,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I cannot see why the TV should be on to listen to a CD. Can't you just turn it off? If you used a remote to turn on the sound system it might have also turned on your TV.

Wished you would have bought a Heartland product thou.

Jim M

danemayer

Dmarx5034,

Some A/V equipment has control linkages set up so that one device can control the other. We don't see too much of that actually enabled, but I suppose it's possible that's what you have going on. If that's what it is, look through the menus on your TV and on your Genesis, you may be able to disable the function.

Failing that, you may need to contact your dealer or Flagstaff for help on this one.