Dealer damage to floor

mallard29s

So when our dealer transported our Country Ridge this past week for delivery, the service dept screwed up and put the recliner on the linoleum floor instead of leaving it on the carpet.... We are in upstate NY and the dealer is the largest in NY (located in Bath). They should have known better. This was just one of their many screw ups....Any ideas on how to fix this.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374282517028.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374282517028.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 159

aatauses

Contact the dealer with photos and ask him how to fix it---if the unit is new, I would ask for the floor to be replaced in a timely manner.
al
currently in BC, CN

mallard29s

Contact the dealer with photos and ask him how to fix it---if the unit is new, I would ask for the floor to be replaced in a timely manner.
al
currently in BC, CN

The dealer says they are sorry this happened, but have not offered to fix it. We have had so much grief with them, we don't want to deal with it... The unit is a 2011, but the damage was not there the day we purchased it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

kowAlski631

I'd tell them that you expect them to fix what they broke OR you can have someone else fix & send them the bill. They are responsible for the damages, I believe unless there is a hold harmless you signed.

Martha

danemayer

It looks like the flooring is deformed, but maybe not cut or torn. If that's the case, I'm wondering if it might press out by putting a small weight on each mark overnight.

It that doesn't work, the best approach may be to have the dealer replace the flooring, even though you are reluctant to do so. If you don't get them to fix it, you'll either have to live with it, or pay someone else a lot of money to replace the flooring, or try the BeauFlor Repair procedure. Here's a link.

jbeletti

Dan,

That repair document looks great. I've never made repairs like that but I can follow directions that have pictures and a guide like that would likely give me the confidence to tackle it

To the OP, if you plan to do your own repair, see if you can get the dealer to assist by ordering you in some vinyl and supply the adhesives needed.

rlandry

We have the same 2011 Country Ridge with the front kitchen. We have actually ripped the vinyl flooring in our Park Model from moving he refridgerator. These floors mark up really easy. We have not been able to fix it yet.