shower

soilmovers

I wonder why the beautiful dark brown aluminum frame on my shower was installed with silver, flat head screws. Everytime I clean it I grumble because the screw edges catch my cleaning rag.
Do you think they ran out of brown pan head screws?
Cindy

vangoes

soilmovers,
I wish I could answer your question, because they did the same with mine. To top it off, the are generally screwed in at a angle which makes it even worse with the sharp edges of the screw heads sticking up above the surface.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
And then they use about a #10 screw. When you try to change screws the holes are so big even a smaller headed screw in stainless won't work right. I brought this up at the round table in Goshen. Aparently I wasn't the only one this happens to.

snuffy

Ray LeTourneau said:
And then they use about a #10 screw. When you try to change screws the holes are so big even a smaller headed screw in stainless won't work right. I brought this up at the round table in Goshen. Aparently I wasn't the only one this happens to.

Plug the old hole with a dowel and some glue and after it dries, redrill for the smaller screw.

Ray LeTourneau

snuffy said:
Plug the old hole with a dowel and some glue and after it dries, redrill for the smaller screw.
We're talking about the screws in the aluminum framing of the shower surround. The factory either didn't use the screw supplied with the surround to save time or they weren't supplied the screws by the mfr. of the surround.

soilmovers

Ray LeTourneau said:
We're talking about the screws in the aluminum framing of the shower surround. The factory either didn't use the screw supplied with the surround to save time or they weren't supplied the screws by the mfr. of the surround.

They need to be the same screws used on the windows- pan head in dark brown. Just my opinion...........

Ray LeTourneau

Cindy, I agree with you. Our surround is the lighter color brushed finish. My wish is that they would have used the right screws in the first place. The ones that should have come with the surround supplier.