Mods to my 22FBS

d_fergie

First afternoon mods, replaced the stock 22" Sansui with my year old 32" Vizio 3D set with parts I had on hand. I used the mount from the Sansui along with the swivel mount I had on the Vizio (at work so can't say name of that mount) more to come as I can, I was going to mount the 22" in the bedroom but with the swivel mount no need... I like some of the mods in the 21FBS thread, toilet paper mount is just what will be next when I can find that.

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 383

d_fergie

Not a mod but a repair, my Heeler/Jack Russell mix jumped thru the screen door, so I get to replace the fiberglass on it... might try metal first.

Rogue9

Not a mod but a repair, my Heeler/Jack Russell mix jumped thru the screen door, so I get to replace the fiberglass on it... might try metal first.

Ouch!. We've been lucky and our dog has never torn out the screen. She's about 50 lbs so she wouldn't fit through the door. Not fun when you have to start repairs. I kept the 22" tv but replaced the tilt mount with an articulating arm so we can point it towards the couch.

d_fergie

Went with fiberglass, 30 minutes from time I removed it to reinstalling... the wire wouldn't have looked right.

d_fergie

Looking at mounting spots for a toggle switch for the Jensen AM/FM/Dvd player to kill the power (annoying at night, plus power drain)thinking maybe beside the 12v power supply/coax out underneath...

d_fergie

Looking at mounting spots for a toggle switch for the Jensen AM/FM/Dvd player to kill the power (annoying at night, plus power drain)thinking maybe beside the 12v power supply/coax out underneath...
All I need are 2 brown screws, I thought I had some (probably do somewhere)I should have gotten the white switch and escutcheon from the local rv service center which would have matched better...

Attachments

• Radio Switch.jpg
    Radio Switch.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 291

mbopp

I pulled the radio and added a mini toggle switch in the floor of the radio cabinet. And added a power outlet to the space above the radio for my XM-radio.

d_fergie

Ordered a camera for the back of mine along with a 7" monitor and wireless sender/receivers so I can see behind me, if it works out well might get another camera to mount near hitch to keep eye on NT undercarriage... should be in Monday, but thinking of going camping this weekend.
I replaced the TV mount with a bigger one in early October also.

d_fergie

Haven't wired the camera yet, I keep forgetting tie-wraps as I want to power it from the batteries, not the tail lights...

First afternoon mods, replaced the stock 22" Sansui with my year old 32" Vizio 3D set with parts I had on hand. I used the mount from the Sansui along with the swivel mount I had on the Vizio (at work so can't say name of that mount) more to come as I can, I was going to mount the 22" in the bedroom but with the swivel mount no need... I like some of the mods in the 21FBS thread, toilet paper mount is just what will be next when I can find that.

That looks great! How far over from the window do the mounting screws for the bracket go?

I ended up just measuring to center between the door and window. I could hear a distinct difference when knocking on the wall, so I just went for it. The TV mount is now installed and works great! :)

d_fergie

Just measured ... 15 1/2" from door, 14" from window (to center) 11 1/" down from bottom of cabinet to center of mount... pics of new mount that is quickly removable at TV end. (one nut, lift and TV is out)

Attachments

• TV Mount 3.jpg
    TV Mount 3.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 210
  • TV Mount 2.jpg
    TV Mount 2.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 192
  • TV Mount.jpg
    TV Mount.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 195