Center line mark

Bob Vaughn

I bought a new truck, plus a fold up cover for the bed. Thats the good news. Now the bad news I can no longer see the 5th wheel hitch in my bed. So with the bed cover folded up I placed piece of white duck tape in the middle of the edge directly in line with the hole for the king pin. I then went to the auto parts store and purchased a roll of gold 1/4" pin stripe tape. I then found the center of the front of the BC and drew a line right down to the center of the king pin....I then taped that pin stripe from the bottom to the "B" right down across the decorative shroud to the king pin......It looks pretty and I should be able to line up pretty good. Once the rain stops I will be able to test my handy work....

Rickhansen

It looks like you might have tried to include a picture or a link in your post - we can't see it. I'd love to see a picture of your solution, if you can.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We did the same thing on the trifold cover using duct tape. We havent marked the BC but thats a good thought.

MCTalley

Great idea. We have a roll up cover on our truck that pulls out to lock at three different mid-way positions. I roll ours all the way up, then pull it out to the first stop (1/4 way closed). The knob you turn on the back of the cover to lock it points directly at the hitch and is easy to line up similar to how your tape works. Plus, being 1/4 way closed, it covers the black tank tote we carry in the bed.

Bob Vaughn

Great idea. We have a roll up cover on our truck that pulls out to lock at three different mid-way positions. I roll ours all the way up, then pull it out to the first stop (1/4 way closed). The knob you turn on the back of the cover to lock it points directly at the hitch and is easy to line up similar to how your tape works. Plus, being 1/4 way closed, it covers the black tank tote we carry in the bed.
That is exactly what I had before but my roll top container held rain water and every time i rolled out the top it was soaking wet top and bottom and stuff I had in the bed would get wet. I did not like it because it took up a lot of room in the front of the bed....It was easier to hook up the 5th wheel using the lock to aim with....